Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

any luck?

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Anyone have any luck this weekend fall turkey hunting? Pops and I went out. I came close, but the birds skirted shotgun range and I didn't feel comfortable with the shot. I should have been set up over my clover plot instead of my other plot as they were headed straight to the clover. Pops got a nice fat hen as 9 fed into the secluded food plot of winter rye and oats that he was set up over. I might get out again next weekend. I am off Friday so I might get out one more time before I start getting serious about deer. Speaking of deer, my pops had a 120-125" 8pt feed within 10 yards of his ground blind on Saturday.

Huckleberry Finn

Speaking of deer, my pops had a 120-125" 8pt feed within 10 yards of his ground blind on Saturday.

I think that's why a lot of guys don't fall bird hunt...it's giving up the chance to deer hunt this time of the year!

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
I think that's why a lot of guys don't fall bird hunt...it's giving up the chance to deer hunt this time of the year!

I understand that, but I still love turkey hunting. In fact, I have grown to love it just as much as spring turkey hunting. In addition, the hunting pressure is very minimal as you pointed out.

The deer he saw he identified on trail cam. He's not a scoring beast, but the body on this buck is huge!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Turkey hunting is blast! I have never fall turkey hunted though. We had a about a dozen come out in the field and feed sat. evening. No Toms that I seen though

Buckmaster

Portage
I had a flock of 20 at 18 yards with my recurve. I was in a ground blind. One saw me draw back and "PUT!". I let go the arrow and only got 4 feathers.