Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ouch

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Don't know a thing about it.The picture was sent to me, but Ouch is the word.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm betting the arrow was too short. thats a fully wnclosed rest, it cant "fall out" the arrow had to be pulled all the way past the rest to end up like that.

I think I would have gone ahead and cut the skin on my finger so I could at least get the bow out of my hand.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Okay where's the blood???? That wound should be spewing blood..... way too clean me thinks its not real...... just sayin.....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The other thing I see wrong with the pic. Look how far back the nock is from the fletching. You can't even see it in the pic and has to be 2"+ from the back of the fletching ?

Oh and If that really happened. Fuck if I would stop and take a pic of it. I would be jumpin around like a mf'er and trying to figure out how the hell I was going to get the bow out of my hand and get to the ER for some stiches lol.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Look at the cables and how wavy they are. Those things are off track. If I had to guess, he drew back and torqued the bow, causing the string to derail and the arrow to jump off the rest. He's gotta be shooting short arrows too! Guess that should be a lesson to make sure the arrow tip is out past the front of the riser.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
This one is from my nephew Tyler about 5-6 years ago. He and my other nephew were practicing out back together. At one point there arrows had made contact so he threw that one off by itself in a seperate tube in his quiver. Later that day he's out practicing and forgets about it and shoots' As soon as he released the arrow came apart and that's the aftermath there. I remember seeing him at the hospital before they removed it. It was pretty cool looking in a squeamish, fainting kinda way. He still has small pieces of carbon work their way out.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
happened to a friend of mine, I think his arrow was fractured and he didnt check it before he shot. His arrow exploded, went through his hand, and 4 surgeries later he still has pieces of carbon working themselves out of his hand. Crazy stuff. You know in the cartoons when the front of the barrell of ol elmers gunn exploded, I guess thats what it looked like.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That is disgusting!! That is why everytime I hear arrows click together in the target when I'm shooting I give them a thorough inspection and a some flexing just to be sure!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Received this from a buddy. Asked if it was legitimately someone he knew or if it had been forwarded to him. My understanding was "it was a friend of a friend here in Ohio. Accidently put a crossbow bolt on there." Does this seem legit? Possible? I really didn't look closely at the pictures of the bow or the arrow/bolt. I just checked out the carnage!