Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Field dressed and skined under 8min.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I just seen this video and I wish it was during the day or at least in better light but thought it was cool and wanted to post it up for everybody.

[video=youtube;FwCDB7g43_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwCDB7g43_8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
we need to build a bench like that. getting the legs and flanks skinned at waist level without that sucker spinning around is the shit.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
pretty cool but it's a little thin skinned southern deer without any fat... They're 10 times easier to skin than these corn fed ohio deer with a half inch of cement between the hide and meat.

When asked if he weighed it.. In a southern drawl he says "Oh, she'd go a hunnered pounds"

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
we need to build a bench like that. getting the legs and flanks skinned at waist level without that sucker spinning around is the shit.

I always skin the legs down before I even hang the deer up on the gambrel... That way I don't have to fight with it spinning around.

pretty cool but it's a little thin skinned southern deer without any fat... They're 10 times easier to skin than these corn fed ohio deer with a half inch of cement between the hide and meat.

When asked if he weighed it.. In a southern drawl he says "Oh, she'd go a hunnered pounds"

Exactly what I was thinking. He's pretty quick, but all you need on deer like that is to start the cut near the hindquarters and rip the hide right off.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Pretty nice technique. I'd say that deer was still warm too. Makes a huge differnce in getting the hide off!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
We tried the whole "rip the hide off" on redclouds deer a couple weeks ago, worked ok till we got to the shoulders. At that point I was pulling down so hard we thought I was going to break the joist in his shed.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
JDs buck was so dang long we had to stand on the tailgate to start skinning the hind quarters. As we were both pulling we bent the grambel and down went the buck, jd, and me,, lmao