Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

death of a dream

Well with death comes rebirth , after working on team uglykat for over a year , my two partners not wanting to take it seriously , or even take time to try and take it serious , i have decided to bury team uglykat and chalk it up to one mans passion may not be others dreams , but with death comes rebirth , a fellow bow hunter and ex pro archer approached me wanting me to be a partner not only in a new up and coming archery team but also co founder of a new web site . I'm not gonna release all the details just yet but i figured it was time to stop goofing around and step up my game and be a little more serious . In the following months you guys will see a side of me that has never been seen by many people .

One thing I have learned from team uglykat is that when one door closes and you think a dream will be gone forever , another door will open to keep that dream alive , never give up on a dream you may never know what is around the next corner

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Man, a guy gets back into bowhunting and all of a sudden he's in with the pros and making waves in the industry. I must be doing something wrong...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck Mark. Just a thought though, do you think maybe you wouldn't have to put a dream to bed if you followed through with it a bit more? Just curious. None of the business ventures I have ever entered have started out with a homerun. First you have to get a game plan, then you have to execute the game plan. Rarely does the game plan include closing the door in less than a year unless you realize it is just not going to fly and you want to cut your losses.

this new venture wasnt my idea , i told him bout team ugly kat and where i wanted to go with it my dreams for it and so on so forth , then i told him how little help i was getting from my other two partners , well no help honestly , he said he was wanting to start a group that didnt just focus on archery , he wanted to include everything from fishing to 3d shoots but i do need to let you all in on a lil secret im not new to archery , just bow hunting , when i moved down here from morrow county archery took a back seat to other things , i always had crap equipment to work with ,and im no where near pro status , i just happend to be in the right place at the right time , i may keep team uglykat open just for the fishing aspect of things , but my main focus will be on this new venture , the other two members of team uglykat had no passion for the sport , the one quite catfishing this year , and the other spent more time drinking then fishing , theres only so much one person could do , this new guy has the heart , the resources and the connections , along with the passion to make his and my dream a reality he has the know how , i have the video equipment and editing equipment , we may also be bringing in another person that has been hunting and raising deer since he was a teenager , im more of the grunt behind the scenes

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
where and when? I wanna be a pro staffer, i shoots bows and arras real good.

Hey, if Dante can do it I want to do it too. Plus I just got a brand new 2011 bow and just laid the smackdown and smoked a deer with it already this season. Going to do it again next week too. I give credit to the lucky Fluteman wrist strap mostly but I do have some mad shootin skillz.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I see you have already figured out how to throw in those product endorsments. The whole "smackdown, smoked a deer" sounded just like them T.V. huntin guys.

Let me try it....

...Well, I'm here at (insert outfitters name here), We was on a mornin hunt when I spotted freak daddy at about a hunert yards. So I pulled out my primos buck roar, grunted him straight to the tree! I pulled back my hoyt alphamax and flung a easton st epic at him. Centerpunched him right in the boilerroom. Dont think i coulda done it without my lonewolf stand and realtree camo. Good thing I loaded the area up with c'mere deer and tinks 69. Now I'm gonna go on a 20 yard tracking job, wrap my hands around some bone, Thank god (and muzzy broadheads) and call in the bad boy buggy to load this stud up and take it back to camp for me!

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
I see you have already figured out how to throw in those product endorsments. The whole "smackdown, smoked a deer" sounded just like them T.V. huntin guys.

Let me try it....

...Well, I'm here at (insert outfitters name here), We was on a mornin hunt when I spotted freak daddy at about a hunert yards. So I pulled out my primos buck roar, grunted him straight to the tree! I pulled back my hoyt alphamax and flung a easton st epic at him. Centerpunched him right in the boilerroom. Dont think i coulda done it without my lonewolf stand and realtree camo. Good thing I loaded the area up with c'mere deer and tinks 69. Now I'm gonna go on a 20 yard tracking job, wrap my hands around some bone, Thank god (and muzzy broadheads) and call in the bad boy buggy to load this stud up and take it back to camp for me!

Don't forget the taxidermist :smiley_crocodile: