Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jerky Recipe

Schu72

Streetsboro
I just email this to my BIL so I thought I'd go ahead and post it here. I think it's fabulous.

Jerky Recipe For 8 lbs. of meat

¼ cup liquid smoke
¾ cup favorite BBQ sauce
¼ cup Kitchen Bouquet
½ cup wostershire sauce
¼ cup soy sauce

1 Tbs celery salt
1 Tbs onion salt
1 Tbs garlic salt

1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp white pepper

Mix well, place meat and marinade in large container and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours. Mix occasionally.

I use a dehydrater not a smoker. Dry time will depend on meat thickness as well as temperature and air circulation.

Buckmaster

Portage
Kitchen Bouquet is a browning and seasoning sauce primarily composed of caramel with vegetable flavorings. It has been used as a flavoring addition for gravies and other foods since approximately 1879. It is currently produced by the HV Food Products Company, Oakland, California, a subsidiary of Clorox Corporation.

Kitchen Bouquet was manufactured in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by the Palisade Manufacturing Company of West Hoboken, New Jersey. An advertisement in a 1903 edition of The Boston Cooking School Magazine indicated that Kitchen Bouquet, then known as "Tournade's Kitchen Bouquet," had been "a favorite for 30 years." It was one of the products featured in the United States exhibit at the Paris Exposition of 1889.

Kitchen Bouquet is also used by food stylists for a variety of appearance effects, including 'coffee' made by adding a few drops to a cup of water and lending a browned appearance to poultry.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Kitchen Bouquet is a browning and seasoning sauce primarily composed of caramel with vegetable flavorings. It has been used as a flavoring addition for gravies and other foods since approximately 1879. It is currently produced by the HV Food Products Company, Oakland, California, a subsidiary of Clorox Corporation.

Kitchen Bouquet was manufactured in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by the Palisade Manufacturing Company of West Hoboken, New Jersey. An advertisement in a 1903 edition of The Boston Cooking School Magazine indicated that Kitchen Bouquet, then known as "Tournade's Kitchen Bouquet," had been "a favorite for 30 years." It was one of the products featured in the United States exhibit at the Paris Exposition of 1889.

Kitchen Bouquet is also used by food stylists for a variety of appearance effects, including 'coffee' made by adding a few drops to a cup of water and lending a browned appearance to poultry.

Ben...was the link TOO much work? :smiley_blackeye:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hate it when a company states their product name 2-3 times per sentence Or starts every statement with the name.. The only thing that pisses me off more is when the name is CAPITALIZED.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Smells wonderful, cant wait to sample

matt hougan

Dayton area
I've had the meat in the dehydrator since 3:30 yesterday afternoon. I tried to keep the meat around an 1/8" but thats impossible by hand. At 0530 this morning the meat is still pretty moist. Hopefully by noon we should be closer to done.... I need a meat slicer!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Matt...How did your jerky come out? I'm kind of afraind to ask since you weren't on here raving about it.:smiley_chinrub:

matt hougan

Dayton area
It was awesome, just havent had time to rave about until now. I think I will add some more red pepper this time. I actually saw you replied because I needed to lok up the recipe again......The kids loved it and ate it straight away

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just got the new LEM catalog in the mail today... Gonna have to buy a couple pounds of that high-temp cheese for custom snack sticks. Ice fishing season is almost here so I better get with it!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Thanks for sharing the recipe Schu. I finally broke down and bought a jerky shooter and some high mtn. cure/spice kits from Gander tonight. I have 2lbs ground venison mixed and in the fridge. Gonna pop her in the oven tomorrow during lunch break and see what shakes out of it. This is my first time, so I'm a bit skeptical, but looking foward to it. Any of you guys using an oven? Spice mix is saying set at 200*, put on top shelf for 1.5hrs.....sound about right?

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I'm excited about making deer jerky. I bagged a doe last saturday. I will be picking up my deer meat at the processor, tomorrow. I got LEM jerky gun and open country dehydrator. Think I'm gonna try this out and next time I'll know what seasoning to get to give it a few kick to it. Any suggestion? This will be my first time making it, lol.