Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sound Dampeners

saddlepants

central Ohio
So Im gonna start this thread for my own education as well. The broadhead thread is great. Ive seen all kinds of "silencers" on the market and would like to hear some ins and out reviews on these from you guys. My bow came set up but let me know some stuff guys...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Mine has No glove's on the string, Split limb limbsavers and an STS on my bow. I think each bow design will respond differently to each type and location of silencer. I have BEAVER BALLS on my longbowslmao..no seriously i do

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Although I recently took them off my bow, the good old fashioned "Cat Whiskers" are one of the best silencers you can put on a bow, and the cheapest too. I don't like them tied on really long, though, dangling off the string. I like to tie them short and tight, just a tad smaller than a golf ball. Any kind of string suppressor, like Milo mentioned, is a good noise/vibration-dampening accessory as well.

swamp_donkey819

i have cat whiskers on mine and seem to work good, i still prefer the string leaches by limbsavers, the bowjax products imo suck, tried the string and limb silencers both frm bowjax cand couldnt tell a difference at all, so i stick with the string leaches or the cat whiskers

I have beaver balls on the strings of all the strings of my traditional bows. I have string leechs on my compounds right now but i think im going back to to cat wiskers. Simply because i like the way the look and they might not slow down the string as much. Cat wiskers vs leechs noise damping proformance is the same imo.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I have a bear legion with the biuld in string stop and dampener... all the guys i shoot with say that it is the qiuetest they have heard

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The best noise dampening I've seen is a well tuned bow. When I leave Milo's house every bow he touches just goes thunk