Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Cigar Thread

Huckleberry Finn

Is anyone on here big cigar smokers?

I'm normally in the less than $10 range but have a few occasions coming up that require something fine...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Black and Mild and Swisher sweet's on occasion..... Just sayin......

Oh and if you're lucky the old perogi's...... Now thems some cigars.....

matt hougan

Dayton area
My absolute favorite smoke is a CAO Piazza. Its a big ring double maduro. Easy draw with lots of smoke. The flavor is bold without being bitter. Its awesome and right around the $10 mark. You do not always get what you pay for when it comes to cigars. More is not always better. I recently had a CAO MX2. It was great but not as awseome as the Piazza.

This my pastor on a particularly good goose hunt. He is enjoying an Amazon Brazilia. I've smoked quite a few of them. Great cigar with alot of character. Too much character for some

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

The guy I will be smoking with make over a quarter of a million a year...so probably something classier than you can get in a gas station!

Not knocking cheap smokes, I've done plenty of that! Though I prefer clove cigs

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The guy I will be smoking with make over a quarter of a million a year...so probably something classier than you can get in a gas station!

Not knocking cheap smokes, I've done plenty of that! Though I prefer clove cigs

Fug it..... Show up with a blunt and share it with him..... He'll be drinking ripple and eating ho-ho's in no time rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fug it..... Show up with a blunt and share it with him..... He'll be drinking ripple and eating ho-ho's in no time rotflmao

It's harvest season down here Huck, I can help you put this dude on his own planet. He'll like it, trust me.

lmao

camofry

*Supporting Member*
If the truth be told, that thing hanging from that guys mouth looks like something I use the pooper scooper on out of the back yard.rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
dont be a suck up. smoke what you usualy do and get on with it . :smiley_clap:

Yeah man... Huck, pretending to be in the big leagues is a bad idea.. Be yourself and smoke what ya brought... Smoking a 50 dollar cigar and wearing 60 dollar loafers will only make you look like a tool. He makes money, You're not on their level, so don't try to be... A 50 dollar cigar is just another smoke to him, so is that sub mariner rolex, and the 40 dollar haircut... Be yourself, he obviously thought enough of you to invite you.. People like that deal with enough fake people.. A person who doesn't try to play themselves up speaks volumes.. It say's they're honest, trustworthy, and will be a self sufficient person.. Nobody likes a poser.. Kinda like them dudes that show up to autumn oaks with 60,000 dollar trucks with a 2,000 dollar dog box.. The guy you need to talk to drives a beat up old toyota, has a home made dog box, and a dog in it that will put the rest to shame. It ain't the truck or the box that trees the coon...

Huckleberry Finn

Yea I will and am be honest (there's another story about that to be told tonight)...good point not to forget who I am...I would like to smoke something classy though! Rocky Patelle probably.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Just know what to do w/ the cedar wrapper.
(You use the cedar wrap to light the cigar)

We have a winner. Well done. Very few people know what the cedar wrapper is for.

Never, I mean never light a good cigar with a match. The sulfer will negatively effect the flavor. If you must use a match, use it to light the cedar wrapper if the cigar comes with one.

Last edited:

Big H

Medina
Try cigars international online. Great deals and if you sign up you get deal of the day emailed to you. They have some killer samplers and great prices. If you get a chance to try the 5 Vegas brand you will be happy you did. BTW, don't let the low prices fool you, they have quality sticks.