Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #4 on the board!

Derek j

Knox Co.
Shot this doe tonight at 7:05. She had a friend with her, but I couldn't get another arrow nocked in time to pull a double. Got her hung up and will cut her up tomorrow.

I can give the thanks for this to my wife. I was originally going to go out after my sons football game, but with the strong winds, I was leery of going. So I plopped my butt on the couch and starting watching some football on tv. She walked in the room and told me to go hunting. So I headed to the farm and got in my buddy stand with little hope of actually seeing anything. I can't tell you how many times, as the tree I was in felt like it was going to blow over, I said to myself, " what the fugg are you thinking?". Well, 30 minutes before the end of legal shooting time, this girl came walking through. The shot was a little farther back than I wanted, but she bled out quick, and went 45 yds.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317608647857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317608647857.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 93

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats on a nice doe for the freezer.

I hate the feeling of the tree rockin in the wind. Feels more like being in a boat then in a stand lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Way to go man.. Cool deal.. Did she die laying like that? I don't think i have ever seen on die on it's belly..

Derek j

Knox Co.
Way to go man.. Cool deal.. Did she die laying like that? I don't think i have ever seen on die on it's belly..

Thats exactly how I found her. I was looking for white belly when I was tracking her, but got a kick out of how she just laid down like a dog at the end.