Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Watch this guy butcher a deer on 8 minutes!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Crazy... That's a fast debone job. But i trim the shit out of mine and it takes considerable time.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Guy is very quick...he has done a few ;)

The only thing that he does differently than me is the ribs/loin and I like it. Well, besides I take more time and cut the silver skin off as I go. Thanks for sharing. Dude is FAST.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Guy is very quick...he has done a few ;)

The only thing that he does differently than me is the ribs/loin and I like it. Well, besides I take more time and cut the silver skin off as I go. Thanks for sharing. Dude is FAST.

I agree. Peeling the outer rib meat off with the backstraps, all in one piece, definitely looks pretty slick. I usually peel the straps out separately, but I think doing it his way would result in less meat being wasted. I wish I was as quick as him, but I just don't do enough to get that good. Plus I take FOREVER trimming fat and silverskin... It definitely slows me down but in the end the quality of the meat is much better.

Wow, that was incredible!! Guess I can see two things I've been doing wrong that must cause be to be much slower.....first is I need a big hook and the other is my dad must have been wrong when he said never cut towards yourself!! LOL

Impressive though!!

Buckmaster

Portage
I'd like to have him hanging out in my garage when I bring home some woods success.
Takes me about 2 hours to do what he did in 8 minutes.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Fuggin crazyness. That is one sharp ass knife to do what he does with the speed he does it.

Need me a table and a hook now after watching that. I have always done mine hanging up and takes me a few hours because I too cut as much fat and all the silver skin off as I can while I'm already cutting.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I watched that dang video 3 times last night. Just absolutely amazed by this guy. Definitely learned a few tricks. Got me wanting to cut my deer up now instead of sending it to the processor.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I watched that dang video 3 times last night. Just absolutely amazed by this guy. Definitely learned a few tricks. Got me wanting to cut my deer up now instead of sending it to the processor.

Agreed, it's not bad at all, and this guy is insane! Thank you for sharing, it was interesting to see his large cuts of meat take shape. That hook is badass!!

tritonbill

NE Ohio
Can the one of the admins fix the link for me in the first post? I reposted it but for some reason I can't edit my original link which was bad....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Greg... I know it's easier and often times more convenient to drop it off at the processor, but trust me, if you process your own deer you will not regret it. I started butchering deer myself about four or five years ago, and I can honestly say that the quality of the meat is much better when I do it myself. Here's the problem... Butchers don't have the time to trim off all the fat, to trim off all the silverskin... and who knows, maybe your deer meat gets mixed with one that hung for five days in sixty degree temps??? Two years ago while in southern Ohio, my dad convinced me to drop my buck off at the local butcher instead of doing it myself, just for convenience-sake.... NEVER again. Don't get me wrong, the guy was a great guy and had the deer ready for me two days later. But in the last five years, the meat that came off that buck was BY FAR the worst tasting... actually it was the only one that tasted bad, period. Another example... While I was growing up, my mom was never a fan of venison. Every deer my dad ever killed went off to a processor. I remember it almost always tasted strong and gamey. Since I started butchering them myself, my mom has not been able to believe that the deer are the same that they were ten or fifteen years ago. She thinks they have changed their diets or something, which of course is ridiculous. She absolutely loves venison now and gives me shit when I don't shoot one or two deer for her.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
See, I grew up butchering deer. Every deer dad and I shot we butchered. We never took deer to the processor. I have only taken my last three years worth if deer to he processor simply because i don't have the space to do it, and often times I don't have the time. I feel comfortable taking deer to the two processors I deal with because they do one hell of a job. If and when I finally get around to building a garage, I plan on getting back into butchering my deer. I would just like to have the dedicated work space where I can go and do it, then hose everything off and be done!