Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Messed up hand...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm still not sure how this will effect my season, but I'll find out a little more when I try to shoot tonight. While walking our pipeline route on Tuesday, I fell trying to pull myself up a near vertical rock/mud face and in the process, I caught my hand in between two saplings and that is what stopped my fall. I had a hold of one of the saplings pulling myself up and when I fell, I turned my hand (thumb was pointing down) and tried to grab the sapling again but due to the moisture, my hand slid down the tree and caught near the base of my thumb. When I jerked to a stop, I felt my hand crack. I wasn't sure yesterday if it was sore from bruising or if it was a ligament type of pain, but now I'm sure it is not from bruising. Fortunately, it is not my release hand. However, it hurts to put pressure on the inside of my hand where the throat of my grip will rest.

Anyways, here's to hoping I can shoot tonight without any major issues! :smiley_baby:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If the pressure hurts on the inside of your thumb grab one of those thumb pads that slips over thumb. I think they are called direct protect. Lots of MLB players where them to help prevent ligament damage or stings.

http://www.softball-bats.org/direct...d70726f746563746f722d62792d70726f686974746572

I'm not a pussy Mike, I just have a sore hand! LOL!!! lmao

Course, I always thought knee savers were for pussies. Then a decade passed and I tried to catch again hike carrying 60 more pounds on even shittier knees. Now I love them!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well Jesse, I'll make the ultimate sacrifice and come down and shoot Moe for you the next weekend I have off..... I know it's a little inconvienance for me but this is what team mates do for each other..... rotflmao :pickle: :smiley_clap: