Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The answer!

From Elite Archery

Henrietta, New York; Elite Archery is adding the Elite Answer to its 2012 line up this fall. The Answer debuts with a redesigned two track cam as well as two module options, a smooth mod and a speed mod for those customers looking for different options.

“Our customers and dealers told us what they wanted for 2012 and we listened, “ commented Elite Archery President, Peter Crawford. “Time and time again, we heard current and potential Elite shooters asking for a 33.5-inch axle-to-axle bow with a 7-inch brace height and today we are giving them the Answer to their request.”

Along with the new dimensions, the Answer has two different mod options available. “Our customers also wanted different draw cycle options on one bow platform. While all of our bows are designed to have a smooth draw and will ship standard with the smooth draw mod, Elite dealers can purchase the speed mod set for their customers requesting a little more speed,” said Elite’s Vice-President, Garret Armstrong.

The Answer is available from 27” to 30” draw lengths and from 40 to 80 lbs. The new bow is also available in all of Elite’s current colors; Realtree AP®, Max-1® and AP Snow® as well as the Ninja Black, the AT Editions and the target colors; Elite Blue, Cosmic Orange and Slime Green. When set up with the Smooth Modules; the Answer has an IBO speed of 330 fps and the Speed Modules provide up to an extra 10 fps. Dealers can order the bow in both right and left hand models.

The Answer is not all that’s new for the 2012 line up. Elite is also making changes to the existing Hunter, Pure, Pulse and Tour models and re releasing them to the public. All 2012 model bows will have an adjustable cable rod as well as Elite’s patent pending Rod Lock System

“The Rod Lock is a patent pending cable guard and string suppressor fastening system new for 2012,” explains Elite Design Engineer, Mike Derus. “Instead of a setscrew tightening directly into the rod, the Rod Lock wedges the rod inside the riser with minimal to no marring to the rod. It will allow you to tune your cable guard and string suppressor rod accurately and easily.”

Pricing is 869$ MSRP I think..Which im pretty sure is inline with there pricing of the past year or so...Im guessing close to 800 will be most shops an you might find a few shops in the mid 700s range

I follow the Elite forum an for the past year or two..A lot of ppl have been saying they wants at 33ish ATA an 7in BH a 335 to 340+ibo..An they wanted the speed an smooth mods back..While it might not be ""innovative"" they gave ppl what they wanted..Now i dont know if I am keeping my z28 or not..Another bow company answered there loyal fan complainants as well..Check the forum for my thread on them

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Pricing is 869$ MSRP I think..Which im pretty sure is inline with there pricing of the past year or so...Im guessing close to 800 will be most shops an you might find a few shops in the mid 700s range

I follow the Elite forum an for the past year or two..A lot of ppl have been saying they wants at 33ish ATA an 7in BH a 335 to 340+ibo..An they wanted the speed an smooth mods back..While it might not be ""innovative"" they gave ppl what they wanted..Now i dont know if I am keeping my z28 or not..Another bow company answered there loyal fan complainants as well..Check the forum for my thread on them

But that bow is already outmischeif.gif

they get rid of that jacked up grip and i may one one...

But that bow is already outmischeif.gif

they get rid of that jacked up grip and i may one one...

HAHA milo..While it may share similarities it is indeed a diff bow..And a optional 1 piece grip is on the way from elite..If you dont wanna wait torqueless makes some great grips for them..I shoot fair with the stock Elite grip..I will have a torquless as soon as i decide which color i want..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Their CS is top friggin notch for sure but I will most likely be owning a K&K bow next...Vengence is on my list. i am getting kinda partial to these Hybrids....mostly because of draw cycle.. i liked adams bow when i shot it but the Valley was just stupid in my opinion...

I think I know what u mean..You prefer a feel at full draw where you HAVE to hold it right??If thats what you mean I agree is not the best for Perfect shot executions..But i feel for me a super smooth draw,high let off at full draw an the ability to creep are beneficial when hunting..But with the Elites you can adjust alot of that let off an feel out I would think.Through tuning an setting the draw stops at your preferred feel.Just my thoughts

Milo

Tatonka guide.
not really as the draw stops on adams bow had very little travel in them. his fell to like 5 pounds of holding weight in about 15 inches of draw it felt like. i did not like letting his bow down either as having a nothing back to full weight it jerks he hell out of your shoulder. strength in holding back some weight keeps you honest and creeping is not something you really want to do. they are just not what i am looking for in a bow right now. i would like to try the GT500