Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shredded several strands on my bow string tonight

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
So I was trying to film a video tonight and it started raining. I had a single climbing stick in my hand and my bow in the other. One of the legs rubbed against the string just above the peep and shredded several of the individual strands, enough that I don't feel comfortable enough to shoot it. Now I have to call around tomorrow and see if a local shop has a string that will work. I was looking forward to hunting tomorrow evening, but now it looks like that probably isn't gonna happen. I head back to work Friday evening, so I won't be able to hunt until next Tuesday now...dang...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
56 3/8"

If I have to drive to Columbus tomorrow, I will. I am just possess at myself that I didn't pay more attention to what I was doing.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Try calling Elite... maybe you can reap the benefits of the Elite Hunt Guarantee, at least until you track down a string.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks man. I hope you get it fixed so you can get out there tomorrow/later today.

If you don't get her fixed and your stand time is limited before you come up here then bring the bow along. We have some slickheads that need killed.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
String is on. Headed home to shoot. Hope all goes well, and if it does I will be on the field edge where Claw likes to hang out. Not going if I'm not 100% happy with how the bow shoots.