Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

fox encounter

swamp_donkey819

well this morning while out huntin, i had a couple red foxes come running through where i was sittin, they stopped about 20 yards or so from where i was and was playin around and chasing something, i decided to have a lil fun of my own and started making some squeeking noises, to my surprise the bigger fox bolted from the tree ran behind me,paused then i squeeked again it dashed around a tree under a briar bush and jumped onto a log less then 10 yards away, the fox caught eye of me instead of the rodent and the look on that fox was priceless. to bad season wasnt in

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I jsut got some really cool footage on sunday evening of a fox running around underneath us. My stand must be right by his den cause he just appreared when I turned my head, and I just looked that way 5 seconds before that. That was the first time I have ever seen a fox in person, It was cool

swamp_donkey819

lol yea had another one come up to me this morning, not as close but they go nuts when they hear that squeeky sound, so i took the squeeker out of my dogs toy and gonna see how it works, this land has a bunch of them on it, startin to wonder if there maybe coyotes also, these foxes are in the clover fields counted 4 last night.

matt hougan

Dayton area
I did the same thing to an unsuspecting feral cat a few years back. While deer hunting in my pop up blind I catch sight of a cat sneaking its way through the wooda. I started squealing on the back of my hand. To my surprise it turned and started towards me. It stalked the "injured rabbit" for about 30 yards, right up to the front door of my blind. I lunged forward as fast as I could with the most furocious growl I could muster. That cat nearly had a heart attack right there. It ran forever. My deer hunt was over since I'm sure me rolling around my blind laughing scared away any deer that may have been near by. Pretty funny....