Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

no luck

tit1eist2

NW ohio
Anybody else forget What it feels like to shoot a nice Buck? The past 3 years all I've shot is one doe. I've passed on some smaller bucks and had encounters with some shooters but for some reason my brother has the luck when it comes to close encounters. I set up all the stands, cut lanes, run cameras basically tell him and a friend Where I think is a good spot. My brother decided he's not going to hunt much this year but like clockwork opening morning he would have had a shot at a decent 8 point but he clanked his arrow on the stand, meanwhile I saw nothing. Lol I've had zero bow opportunities And he's missed twice. I still remember his texts the morning he missed a 140inch 8. Its been so long since I got that shaky oh my God feeling from a tree stand I don't even remember what it really feels like. Just reading all the success stories made me wonder if anyone else is in the same boat as me?

Also this is my first post and I'd just like to say I really enjoy this site. Maybe I haven't look hard enough but there doesn't appear to be any of the pissing contest and my ways the only right way crap. Everyone seems friendly laid back and fun. Nice change of pace.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anybody else forget What it feels like to shoot a nice Buck? The past 3 years all I've shot is one doe. I've passed on some smaller bucks and had encounters with some shooters but for some reason my brother has the luck when it comes to close encounters. I set up all the stands, cut lanes, run cameras basically tell him and a friend Where I think is a good spot. My brother decided he's not going to hunt much this year but like clockwork opening morning he would have had a shot at a decent 8 point but he clanked his arrow on the stand, meanwhile I saw nothing. Lol I've had zero bow opportunities And he's missed twice. I still remember his texts the morning he missed a 140inch 8. Its been so long since I got that shaky oh my God feeling from a tree stand I don't even remember what it really feels like. Just reading all the success stories made me wonder if anyone else is in the same boat as me?

Also this is my first post and I'd just like to say I really enjoy this site. Maybe I haven't look hard enough but there doesn't appear to be any of the pissing contest and my ways the only right way crap. Everyone seems friendly laid back and fun. Nice change of pace.

Look hard as ya like... That's just how we roll. :smiley_bril: Enjoy...

Ps... I haven't shot a buck in 3 years either.

tit1eist2

NW ohio
I am just happy to be in the wood. I love the set up just as much as the hunt. If I could get my brother and 2 buddies a Buck this year I'd be happier than if I shot a b&c I bet. I'm going to do most my hunting in a woods where my grandfather got me started hunting. Got my first squirrel there. Never hunted deer in it so its going to be a fun year of learning I'm guessing.
I hope to get to know all of you better.