Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hi Yall

saddlepants

central Ohio
New here, just wanted to say hey. Just getting started this fresh season with a new weapon. I finally found a Compound bow I can handle. Ive been hunting for years with a crossbow and looking forward to the new challenge and meeting some good deer chat. I have had some very good luck for quite a few years with some great bucks on my wall but have lost the blessing for a few years. Starting fresh. Lost my great spot but I can work with what I have. My own back field and one local farmer who has given me permission.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Welcome to the site! Glad to have you and hope you enjoy yourself here. Lots of great people and great info here. Best of luck with that new bow! Hope you bust a nice one.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hello and Welcome to TOO. Feel free to jump in any time you want, and we like pictures. So don't be afraid to share some of your past harvest.

Congrats on picking up a compound. I think you will love it. I know I never looked back when I made the transition from crossbow to compound. Good luck and be safe this season.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Welcome to the site... If you have any questions about that new compound don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to jump in anywhere and I look forward to your posts.. Lost of very knowledgeable guys here. We're just a bunch of old deer hunting addicts gathered at a virtual deer camp, so pardon our sometimes brash posts, as i said they're all good dudes.. Just smack huckleberry if he hits on you. lmao

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Welcome to the site. Glad you found us and decided to sign up. As they guys before me said, there are a bunch of knowledgeable people here so don't be afraid to ask questions. Feel free to post up some pics of your deer mounts in our Dead Deerz picture wall forum. Can't wait to hear some good hunting stories.

Congrats on the new bow and I hope you have a great season. Good Luck

saddlepants

central Ohio
As for the bow, of course the female in me wanted only the most expensive one, lol but I settled on a Parker Side-kick that was marked down and I could get started sooner and could increase the poundage on as I get stronger? I'm really likin the less "stuff" to carry and the fact that its not "loaded" when Its loaded. I dont have allot of upper body strength so Im only at 40 lbs. A far cry from the blazing speed of my crossbow so I'm gonna probably only go for closer shots. Im meat hunting but If its bigger n better than past bucks Ill wont be able to restrain myself and I wont waste my buck tag on anything smalller until the very last days of the season, lol. My Husband doesnt hunt but Im talking him into doing some photography from my blind. I have a flock of woodies that swims within 12 feet of it and there is three mature males in the bunch. So far they have no clue Im there but then Im a scent control freak, lol. I haVE a stand in my own back field and a small food plot and plan on trying cmere deer 3 day harvest back there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
As for the bow, of course the female in me wanted only the most expensive one, lol but I settled on a Parker Side-kick that was marked down and I could get started sooner and could increase the poundage on as I get stronger? I'm really likin the less "stuff" to carry and the fact that its not "loaded" when Its loaded. I dont have allot of upper body strength so Im only at 40 lbs. A far cry from the blazing speed of my crossbow so I'm gonna probably only go for closer shots. Im meat hunting but If its bigger n better than past bucks Ill wont be able to restrain myself and I wont waste my buck tag on anything smalller until the very last days of the season, lol. My Husband doesnt hunt but Im talking him into doing some photography from my blind. I have a flock of woodies that swims within 12 feet of it and there is three mature males in the bunch. So far they have no clue Im there but then Im a scent control freak, lol. I haVE a stand in my own back field and a small food plot and plan on trying cmere deer 3 day harvest back there.

Sweet deal.. Keep us informed of how it goes. Sounds like you have a great grasp on things though. :)

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Welcome to TOO. You will find we are one big happy family, great members and information as well. Jump in anytime and join in on the fun. :smiley_blink: