Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

buckbuster217s hunt log

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Started Saturday morning out pretty uneventful, saw 3 does all TOO far to shoot at and thats it, went to my afternoon stand with high hopes, this is the stand where I have been getting the pics of super 8 in the afternoons, wind was right, got up in the stand and approximately an hour later the farmer on the next property decided that it would be a good day to brush hog the field that is about 50 yards behind my stand, stuck it out and he finished about 530 pm, needless to say seen nothing, got up this morning (Sunday) to the sound of thunder, jumped in the shower and when I got out we now had thunder and lightning, about 15 later it started to rain and it turned into a downpour, disgusted I went back to bed, I dont mind the rain but the lightning is another thing! the whole day wasnt lost though, I did get the feeders filled back up and hung another camera up in a new spot

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Gotta love a little brush-hogging right next to the stand! The good news is he's done now!!!

Good luck Tad. Won't be long before things really heat up!!!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
got rained out this morning but did get out this afternoon, in between hanging onto the tree so I wouldn't get blowed out of the tree I saw 5 does and a button buck, only had a shot on a yearling doe and the button buck so I held off, didnt figure I would see anything with the wind blowing like it was.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
went out this morning ans seen 2 bucks and 3 does, one buck was a small 8 and the other I couldnt tell what is was, big, small, number of points? couldnt tell it came in behind my stand and was in some really thick stuff and I could only catch small glimpses of him, the 3 does were all together but too far to shoot

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
this morning was a very good morning, seen a total of 7 deer, 4 does 2 bucks and a button buck, out of the 7 I could of shot 5 of them, the 2 bucks were a small 4 and a pretty decent 6 point, young deer and will be a nice one in acouple of years, had a coyote come in through the bottom behind the stand I was in , couldnt get a shot or that fugger was gonna get it! by far my best morning sit so far this year.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
thought this morning would be a great morning and it probably was in a lot of places but it wasnt in my stand, seen 2 does all morning and they was TOO far to shoot!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
was out this evening and it was pretty slow until about an hour before dark, I hit the bleat can and grunted acouple times and had a nice 8 point come in fast looking for the action, had him at 32 yards but could never get a clear shot on him, he finally became disinterested and left the same way he came in, then right at dark had 2 does come through