Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Veterinarian

One Sunday, in counting the money in the weekly offering, the pastor of a small church found a pink envelope containing $1,000. It happened again the next week! The following Sunday, he watched as the offering was collected and saw an elderly woman put the distinctive pink envelope on the plate. This went on for weeks until the pastor, overcome by curiosity, approached her.
"Ma'am, I couldn't help but notice that you put $1,000 a week in the collection plate," he stated.

"Why, yes," she replied, "every week my son sends me money, and I give some of it to the church."

The pastor replied, "That's wonderful, but $1,000 is a lot of money. Are you sure you can afford this? How much does he send you?"

The elderly woman answered, "$10,000 a week."

The pastor was amazed. "Your son is very successful. What does he do for a living?"

"He is a veterinarian," she answered.

"That's an honorable profession, but I had no idea they made that much money," the pastor said. "Where does he practice?"

The woman answered proudly, "In Nevada ... He has two cat houses, one in Las Vegas and one in Reno."

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You know who makes money like a bandit.... People that own check cashing business. Back before Ohio regulated them I had a buddy who owned 4 of them in dayton. Just a regular guy. Not flashey. I never really knew he was this well off. But we went to look at trucks one day. He found one he liked. 66,000 was the sticker.. He asked the sales guy what the cash price was... Walked to his truck. Got out a briefcase. Pain in cash. He owns a boat in FL and makes regular trips to the Bahamas he called it. "Making a deposit" Basically twice a year he would drive to FL, Hop on his boat and set out for the Bahamas... So. he was either hauling cash offshore. Or he really liked prostitutes in the Bahamas. lmao