Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally some shooters

Schu72

Streetsboro
Well here they are....:smiley_coolpeace:

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I would like to be setting where that trail cam is with 12ga loaded with 00buck. When you have them running like that (5 together) is when you start to see the hell they can truly do.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Put the smack down on them, I had the same issue last year. When they are running in big packs like that is when I think they really start to affect the deer sightings!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That is crazy man. Never seen that many together at once on camera. I'd hate to be walking in those woods headed to the stand early in the morning and have those guys come up on ya.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Guess we know why you had low cam pic counts of deer and too so long for the bucks to show up. I would get those yote out of there ASAP or you won't see many deer the rest of the season. Those yote will have them running and scared so bad they will be on high alert at all times and the slightest sound and they take off runnin.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Wow. That's all I got. 5 in one picture this early in the season is unreal. Let me know if you want some help after the season.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Not what I was expecting to see! It seems the yotes are thick where I hunt this year too. I've been trying to shoot one with my bow for years now without luck.

Schu72

Streetsboro
These pics are from the same property I shot my buck on last year. I do have quite a bit of doe activity but have very few buck pics. Hopefully they move on, but I have a feeling they are there to stay. Until they get a broadhead through the chest that is...

Gern,
This property is avery large block of woods, but I only have permission on 53 acres. It would be good for calling, but probably not coyote drives.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Wow! I've never seen that many together either. Time to permit people to carry small pistols while archery hunting.

You can carry with a permit in Ohio while archery hunting just so long as its not something you typically could use to hunt deer with. I carry a 38sp or a 45LC. The LC revolver would be illegal to carry if it was over 5 1/2 inch barrel. Mines a 4. Its really too heavy though but I tell ya if I was seeing that on my trail cam Id prolly carry BOTH! lol

Schu72

Streetsboro
You can carry with a permit in Ohio while archery hunting just so long as its not something you typically could use to hunt deer with. I carry a 38sp or a 45LC. The LC revolver would be illegal to carry if it was over 5 1/2 inch barrel. Mines a 4. Its really too heavy though but I tell ya if I was seeing that on my trail cam Id prolly carry BOTH! lol

That was the first time in a while I felt uncomfortable in the woods. All I had with me was my laptop in a backpack and pruning shears. I don't own a small pistol any more.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Yeah, I know but I don't have my CC permit.