Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck Dilemma

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well I didnt want to hijack Joes thread on aces and eights but im in a similar situation. Ive told myself all year that im going to make this year FUN and not worry sooo much about a particular deer. Well ive got myself caught up on a buck I have 3 yrs of history with named Titan. Titan is a typical 12pt, hes not a giant but I REALLY like him and hes my number 1 target. That being said my goal this year was 140" or better OR 4.5 or older..... Well ive had this 8pt coming in all year with Titan and sometimes on his own that I think is older than 4.5 and actually on the downhill. I think hes only right at 130" but Im torn on if I get the opp. to shoot him if I will be happy. Ive ate my tag for two years here in OH chasing 160"+ deer and never getting a shot, so my question is do I settle for an old mature buck or continue after the dream? Couple recent pics....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I know what I would do but it's your call. Would you be satisfied or content with the 8 knowing Titan is still out there? Answer that question honestly and you'll see a clearer picture. Goodluck Rutin this season!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's up to you man... If you have something bigger to hold out for then go for it... If he's what you're after then smoke him.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
There is no shame in shooting that 8. He is definitely mature buck. Ain't no shame in eating tag soup going after a target either. Yep, dilemma! lol

FWIW I would shoot the first one that gave me the opportunity. I wouldn't have regrets.

Beentown