Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Face paint or mask ...or both?

Face mask , paint or both?

• Mask

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Paint

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Both at times

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
I didnt like the mask before cause I couldnt feel my anchor well with a wrist strap release...Now that im shooting a hand held I figured it would work fine..But it turns out my ASAT 3D leafy facemask is to loose in the jawbone to neck area which is where i anchor..An it dont feel right when i hit my anchor..So back to the paint..I plan to order some carbomask..Till it gets here it will be the cheap stuff u buy everywhere..I

swamp_donkey819

trying face paint this year but also have a leafy turkey mask ill switch to just dont like it much cause the wind catches the leaves on it and makes me think something is walking around beside me

OMO have you seen that stuff for sale anywhere around local?

No i have not..I hear the Camo FX brand is also good and may be easier to find local..Alot of ppl complain about the cheap normal face paints being hard to get off..My complaint is they come off easy when you DONT want them to..Thats where the carbo an FX stuff would be good.. Any sweat etc on my face an my paint is a wreck..An im a pretty pasty white dude..I need all the help i can get

Milo

Tatonka guide.
No i have not..I hear the Camo FX brand is also good and may be easier to find local..Alot of ppl complain about the cheap normal face paints being hard to get off..My complaint is they come off easy when you DONT want them to..Thats where the carbo an FX stuff would be good.. Any sweat etc on my face an my paint is a wreck..An im a pretty pasty white dude..I need all the help i can get

Can we safely call you a cracker? lmao Good deal i will keep my eye out. I would like to give it a try.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Both. It all depends on what I'm feeling that day. I use a light weight, spandex neck gaiter as a mask. I just pull it up over the tip of my nose, 3/4 up my ears, and up the back of my hat 3-4". Works great and it's easy to pull down when I go to shoot, buy not thick enough to throw me off if I it on...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
3/4 scentblocker mask. Didn't but it for the name but it is comfy. Elastic with drawstring that I put over my nose and just under my ear canal. With my boonie hat on it conceals nicely.

I think the biggest thing is too break up the eyes...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Paint. I just can't stand wearing any kind of a mask. Using a wash cloth with good facial soap takes the paint off pretty easily. Plus, you don't have to get all fuckin carried away with the paint, like I've seen some people do.... trying to look like a Navy Seal or something. All it takes is a little black here and there to break up the outline and take away the glow. I really don't even use multiple colors much... mostly just the black.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Paint. I just can't stand wearing any kind of a mask. Using a wash cloth with good facial soap takes the paint off pretty easily. Plus, you don't have to get all fuckin carried away with the paint, like I've seen some people do.... trying to look like a Navy Seal or something. All it takes is a little black here and there to break up the outline and take away the glow. I really don't even use multiple colors much... mostly just the black.

What? Blasphemy! If Buck Commander does it....its gospel. ;)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am using black shoe polish this year.

No lol. I am using my mask again that I started using about 3 years ago. Seems to do a good job although I haven't tried it while shooting at the range :smiley_chinrub:. I should have tried that combo to make sure it would work with the new setup lol. If I can't find my kisser button the mask is getting a small hole cut on that side. Let you know how well it goes tomorrow lol.