Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Poll: Should Dan hunt opening day or wait for Sunday?

Should Dan hunt opening day?

• Yes, hunt and drive, you don't care about gas!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Here's the deal -
Hunting spot is 2 hrs away.
I gotta be back for a 50th b-day party for a good friend/coworker Saturday nite.
I've already cleared Monday off, so I got a 3 day weekend.

Should I drive 2 hrs for a half-day hunt and then turn around and go back Sunday morning?

Should I just wait, take Saturday and relax, save a tank of gas, and be fresh for all-day hunts on Sun-Mon?

My plan is to go Sat AM, but my reasonable side is telling me to wait one more day.

I killed one opening day last year, and would like to start a tradition...I just hate to miss opening day.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hate to miss the opener too, Dan. But if I were in your shoes, I would probably wait until Sunday. With the cost of gas, it just doesn't make much sense to run down, come right back, then drive back down AGAIN the next day. At least you could still say that you didn't miss opening weekend.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Stay home and hunt Sunday. Especially if you stick one Saturday and end up on a long tracking job you could miss the party becasue I know you would not give up tracking. Enjoy Saturday at home and give it hell on Sunday.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Stay home on Saturday. If you stick one on Sunday it's still opening day for YOU and that still counts in my book.

This way Nobody gets angry if something should happen and you get to have 2 full days of hunting without worry and less gas used for your weekend trip saving you money and making the wife happy lol.