Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

hunting clothes

swamp_donkey819

ok so i had the bright idea today to spray my pants and shirt down with camp dry to kinda water proof my clothes a lil, says its supposed to dry odorless but i can still smell a faint smell of it even after spraying numerous times with the fresh earth spray, out of funds till next week and cant pick up the detergent and wash stuff, plus afraid of my clothes shrinkin and also fading, cause for some reason camo dont like to keep its color on pants when washed......any ideas for help before opening day or am i pretty much screwed for camo

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
ok, so no soap or anything just baking soda, how do i keep the camo from fading, if it wasnt gonna be raining non stop i would leave em outside

My camo has been hanging all week on the clothsline. I am going to bring them in tomorrow and toss them into the dryer. Should be good to go.

If you wash the pants now or sit in the rain they will fade all the same. Might as well get extra dye and brightners out of it now.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
ok, so no soap or anything just baking soda, how do i keep the camo from fading, if it wasnt gonna be raining non stop i would leave em outside

Turn em inside out when you wash them. The fading comes from the clothes all rubbing into each other and the agitator in the washing machine beating the hell out of them.

You can do that will all your clothes. Turn em inside out and they'll look like new longer.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Turn em inside out when you wash them. The fading comes from the clothes all rubbing into each other and the agitator in the washing machine beating the hell out of them.

You can do that will all your clothes. Turn em inside out and they'll look like new longer.

You are going to make a good wife for someone Joe.:smiley_crocodile:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I'm sure by this weekend your camp dry odor will be gone, hang em outside, throw em in the dryer after that and i bet they will be good to go. either that or just smoke me up....thats what I would do.

I washed my clothes twice last night, they are going to fade over time anyway

swamp_donkey819

yea i got them outside ill bring them inside tonight when it gets dark and set them out again in the morning if its not raining, then ill toss them in the dryer, i know they`ll fade eventually but would like to prevent it my last pair faded bad after the first wash they are almost a greyish white color could use them in the winter i guess when the snow is on the ground

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wash with baking soda 90% of the time. Cheap and effective. I washed my clothes for this weekend last night and laid them outside. It's almost go time fellers!!!

swamp_donkey819

well my clothes sat out all day in the sun and the camp dry odor is gone now just gonna spray em down with fresh earth scent and be good to, is there any retail stores that sell the smokers, like the fin or woodburys or is it an online type of deal