Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening day AM stand

Well have you picked yours yeat ?

I am still debating between 3
I will probely decide Sat AM , depending on the wind

Stand #1 is a creek crossing
I have a big 9 point or maybe 10 point on the camera crossing at 7AM yesterday

Also I have pic's of a big Yote ( 1 pic as this is a new camera location as of Sunday ) at 12 PM today

The other stand is along a corn feild edge, with CPR and another creek crossing behind me
I have several pic's of a nice wide racked 8 point and 1 of the 9/10 point

Both of these stands are 250 yds apart along a CPR feild

Stand #3 is 300 yds farther down stream
No camera , as I hate to walk close to many times

But I have watched the other big 10 point come out of this bottom several times the last week as I watched with the spotting scope

And dad choped the lane the other day
He says there are 4 1/4" long tracks walking along and crossing the lane several times :pickle:

But there is a good chance the buck walked most of the time after dark

Oh the choices :smiley_clap:

Pic's to follow shortly

John

Attachments

• buck.JPG
    buck.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 243

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've made up my mind. I have a set up on top of a ridge, on a main travel route, just on the outer edge of a doe bedding area. I don't have any big bucks on my radar yet, so for opening day I'm going after meat instead of antlers. This location has been getting a TON of doe and fawn traffic lately.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
In a ground blind over looking our big creek bottom. I'm simply setting up to observe movement in the core of our farm. No high hopes, just a low impact morning to break the ice./.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I will be in my observation stand overlooking the pasture until about 10 and then I'm going into the woods to sit in my climber the rest of the day.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Still not sure, looking at 2 - 3 different spots, and gonna depend on the wind direction... can't get out till Saturday afternoon, so I've got some time to figure it out. :smiley_chinrub:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I almost wanna go to a completely different spot for the first morning to get the first hunt fugg ups outta the way. I am sure I am gonna be loud as hell, clumsy and will forget something...

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Going to sit in a 60 yard wide fence row overlooking a combine cut through between two corn fields... It's about 3/4 mile north of where we've gotten pics of the tall8 wide8 and tank 10.. A 1/4 mile south of the stand there is a 15 acre patch of woods that they live in. There is 1 goober allowed to hunt it... They've left my cams to the south and moved into the wood block... Hopefully goober hunts Sat or Sun and blows them right up the fence row to me. The downside is it will be all day sits.. I will stay in the stand after he gets down and be there when he gets back.. Here's to luck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck to you all! I don't know yet. Thinking about some things and will determine it Friday night.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Yes, I'll be hunting with a permit on County land. Hopefully I'll be the only one of four allowed to hunt Saturday.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
one of too spots im going to both have alot of deer in the area. the spot on the ridge looks best because the acorns are all over the place. depends on the wind where i go. with the rain tomorrow it should be quiet while were getting to our stands tho.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Ill be hunting out of a big black recliner at work keeping tabs on the forums to see who all kills! Sunday is a different story... I dont know if ill hunt the morning bc of what time I get off duty and its hard to not blow deer out so more than likely it will be Sunday evening. Just got pics of a piebald doe im after!!!!

Kaiser878

ohio
Im sitting in the tree where "the" buck is going to be beside around 0721 AM. It should be quick and painless for him. We will see!