Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening weekend rain

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Looks a 40% chance at all of my locations. Looks like I'm gonna get wet. :smiley_boos:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i have hunted down pours...you can spot and stalk in those conditions plus your scent is washed out..VERY effective..

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
If it is raining in the morning, I am not going till the afternoon. Not a fan of ebing soak and wet out there, plus the camera is not waterproof.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I love a light rain/drizzle. I also watch hourlt forecast's as well. If it's been a steady rain for a good portion of the day, if you can be in your stand when that weather breaks, they come crawling out of the woodworks, literally

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be out. I planned to hunt a ground blind Saturday morning anyways, so no worries. If I have to put in the rain gear the rest of the weekend, so be it. It might be time for a stalking/scouting mission!!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Timely thread. Came home for lunch and was breaking out the camp dry to freshen some clothes up! Plus, it keeps the bugs at bay!

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Rain, sleet, snow or shine. Saturday my ass will be in a stand from sunrise till sunset.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I will be at work sunrise til sunset Saturday.... :tantrum: I hope it fuggin poors...:) just kidding guys... my jealous rant is over... hope the weather is perfect and the deer drop like flies!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I'll take 40-50% of rain over 70-80* weather in the stand any day of the week! Good luck fellas, I can't make the stand until Sunday evening.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll take 40-50% of rain over 70-80* weather in the stand any day of the week! Good luck fellas, I can't make the stand until Sunday evening.

Amen, brother! If it's a light rain, I'll be up in a tree.... If raining hard, it'll be a still-hunt mission throughout the day.