Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ripped at my Ripcord right now!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was winterizing the camper tonight and decided I better shoot the bow for 15min or so at last light. Ran in the house, grabbed the bow, got setup, and made a shot. Dead on at 20yds. Feeling pretty good, so i get another arrow ready. As I draw back I hear a weird sound. I release the arrow and it was off quite a bit. Scratching my head, I grab another arrow. I nocked it, and was going to put it in the holder when I realize my rest never dropped down. Upon further inspection, the chord had come out of the Ripcord rest. I am pissed! Called my buddy at the bow shop and he told me to drop it off. He was closed and it was 10pm when I dropped it off at his house. I am frustrated, but thankful he was willing to let me drop it off at his house and was going to get right on it tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.

Attachments

• IMG00120-20110920-1941 ripcord rest failure.jpg
    IMG00120-20110920-1941 ripcord rest failure.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 170

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Shot some tonight. First shot my kisser comes flying off. Second shot the quad drop away didn't drop away due to the serving on the cable slipping... A stop by walmart for a new kisser.. Served it in. re served the drop away cord.. She's drilling cotton balls again... Good thing to happen now and not saturday.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good news, not only do I have my bow back, it was delivered to me! I dropped it off at his house at 10pm last night (around the corner from his shop and 25min from my house), and he dropped it at my house tonight around 930pm. Dang! That is service! I handed him $20 for his troubles. He wasn't going to charge me since he installed it just under a year ago. I couldn't let him deliver it for free even if he did have to be in the area. Plan on shooting ASAP but I have three bids I have to finish first. HUGE bids for commercial plowing contracts I cannot miss out on. I would miss opening day before I missed this opportunity.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks ChuckC> I usually aim center mass, so potentially low and right 6" would have done the trick, but better to get her fixed!