Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Broadheads

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I've used Muzzy my whole life, but I'm switching to G5 Montecs this year. I just like the reviews i've seen and I like the one solid peice broadhead over the Muzzy's design. Hopefully the Montecs will group a little better too. I'm anxious to see how they do!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm shooting Slick Trick Magnum 100 grains. I shot them last year and loved what I saw in terms of flight and wound channel. The toughness is also very apparent. I switched to the ST's based on Joes success with them and my desire to switch to a straight shooting, super tough fixed blade broadhead. So far, so good.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I've used Muzzy my whole life, but I'm switching to G5 Montecs this year. I just like the reviews i've seen and I like the one solid peice broadhead over the Muzzy's design. Hopefully the Montecs will group a little better too. I'm anxious to see how they do!

You will like the montecs, they shoot really good.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I may give in and try something new this year. I have a few Rocky Mountain Assassins left, but when these are gone I have no option but to change. They have been discontinued for years, but I've been able to pick up a few here and there on the web and AT.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Shot wasp for many years but the last 6-7 years have been the Muzzy. They are consistent in weight and shoot true for me. I have cut ribs and not had a deflection.
In short, I'm very happy with em so I have never considered anything since.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Steel Force Phatheads, 100 grain. I switched to them last year and I really like them. They're a cut-on-contact head, with a mean .080" thick blade... Very tough, very sharp, and since they have a stout profile they are as accurate as any other head I've tried. I only shot one deer last year, but she only made it 30 yds before piling up. I don't know if they're any better than some of the other fixed-blade heads, but the fact that the blades are literally twice as thick as all the others out there really gives me confidence in them.

rossbows

I used the blood runners last year. They worked great. Im trying the g5 and meat seekers this year. I used the two blade rage in the past. They worked great I just like to try new stuff.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Muzzy man. I like the fixed blades and they haven't failed me. I am going to stick with them.

matt hougan

Dayton area
I'm going try the G5's as well this year. From what I reading they'll do fine as long as I do my part. All my buddies use rage mechanicals. I guess I'm kinda old school.