Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Safety Harnesses

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Was going through and organizing some things in the basement this morning and realized that over the past couple of years of buying numerous treestands I have accumulated quite a number of safety harnesses. Six to be exact that I am not using. All are brand new five of them are still in original packaging.

In the thought of safety first I am willing to ship a safety harness to some one in need of one for free. Just let me know who where to ship it TOO and I will make sure it gets there. Just want to make sure that all the TOOzers out there have a safe and fun hunting season.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
ditto Hoyt i have 2 also that I will offer up...NO MORE EXCUSES PEOPLE

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Hoyt- your box is full

I have been using the same nylon loop strap for 20 years and was just thinking I should replace it with a proper safety belt because of its age starting to show.
I could use one of the harnesses if there isn't someone with nothing. (they should come first)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Let me look when I get home I may have one or two new ones laying around.... Jim I'll give you first dibs if you still need one....

Huckleberry Finn

I've got one, if not two that could be sent to someone. Hell they package them with every treestand, there's no excuse!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hoyt- your box is full

I have been using the same nylon loop strap for 20 years and was just thinking I should replace it with a proper safety belt because of its age starting to show.
I could use one of the harnesses if there isn't someone with nothing. (they should come first)

Jim Box should be cleaned up a little bit. Shoot me your address and I will get it coming your way brother.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
He's good. He is coming home tomorrow. Well, he should be. He has a pretty big gash on his head and his calf muscle is tore. He thinks it was a screw in step that ripped his calf open. They got him all sewed/stapled up. He definitely had a guardian angel with him. For him to fall 23' and not break one bone is crazy. He was conscious the whole time.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not wanted to hi-jack, so I will offer Dale my prayers and it goes to show how important it is to check and doublecheck your gear. Sometimes parts fail and all the checking in the world won't change it, but this is exactly why I am offering the same to anyone in need of a harness. If you fellas run out, I have plenty to ship out to anyone else in need of one.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Jim yours shipped out today. Should have it by Wednesday or Thursday. I still have six left because one of the bags had two harnesses in it from the purchase of a buddy stand.

Prayers going out to Dale, hate to hear about something like that happening. When did it happen?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jim yours shipped out today. Should have it by Wednesday or Thursday. I still have six left because one of the bags had two harnesses in it from the purchase of a buddy stand.

Prayers going out to Dale, hate to hear about something like that happening. When did it happen?

Early Saturday morning. When I got the text Saturday his status was relatively unknown. It simply said "Dale fell 22 feet from a stand and is in the ER" Boys, let me tell you, my heart sank. It wasn't for a couple more hours that I found out the extent of his injuries, and while severe they were non debilitating.. And I was plum sick to my stomach until then.. Later that night i was texting with him and began to calm down once i realized he was relatively ok. I was asked to keep it off the forums for a bit while things calmed down and more facts were known. I see Dale has posted some updates on the F@FD facebook page. To avoid any confusion I ask that you guys look there for the most up to date information.

Last edited:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Dale has gotten word that he gets to come home. I am sure Dale will get on here and tell all the details of everything that happened. You guys will find out exactly what complete faith in god, and adrenalin can do for a man!

I am still completely shocked.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio

Thank You Very Much!