Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Permit hunt...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks. Chances are looking slim though. The parking lot is packed! Fuggin ODNR dude was trying to sell as many as you can afford when the rules said five a person. Broke out the press release for him. Dud in front of me was wanting to buy $500 worth! Wtf?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
You should hear the stories coming from these fuggars! They are killing me. Sounds like a bunch of slobs TOO me. Ugh.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Maybe better off if you don't get drawn then. I bet the ODNR gets a good bit of fine money out of some of those guys that get those hunts and don't follow the regs lmao. Kind of like a sting operation lmao.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Delaware county for the Seymour woods hunt. Five people drawn and 600 tickets were sold. That's $3000 raised for the preserve. I was one of the first ones there. If I had known that it would have a turn out like that then I was would have passed. 5/600 chance sucks. $25 pissed away!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Must of been right behind you man! I was there with my little man at 9:20 and the odds looked good, UNTIL 9:50 when everyone freakin rolled in and they kept the damn line open until 20 after. ODNRs gotta make that money... def didnt shut it down at 10 like they said!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's crazy....

I still can't get over that many people there.

Most people feel as those places are a high fence outfitter without the costs. That's why a lot of them flock to these drawings. They think it's like shooting fish in a barrel lol.

I have never done it or known anybody that has to know what it's really like. By the sounds of it I won't bother to waste my time or money lol.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well don't know what the offficial count was but my ticket numbers were 221-225 and the highest ticket called was 790something. The Alum hunt I participated in was pretty easy to kill does. I would definitely do it again. As long as it wasn't pay to play which the Alum drawing usually isn't. I just hate pissing away $25. Not like it is much money but it still bugs my frugal ass. ;)

Beentown

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Well don't know what the offficial count was but my ticket numbers were 221-225 and the highest ticket called was 790something. The Alum hunt I participated in was pretty easy to kill does. I would definitely do it again. As long as it wasn't pay to play which the Alum drawing usually isn't. I just hate pissing away $25. Not like it is much money but it still bugs my frugal ass. ;)

Beentown

I think it's a safe bet that we'll see this trend of pay to play only increase. Not that there's anything wrong with the way they have it set up at all. If you limit the amount of tickets a person can buy, and keep things modest, people will still flock in for a chance to get drawn. And why not? It is fun to hunt new places that get opened up, and yes, the deer aren't quite as used to hunting pressure in these spots so they can be a bit dumb at times.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think it's a safe bet that we'll see this trend of pay to play only increase. Not that there's anything wrong with the way they have it set up at all. If you limit the amount of tickets a person can buy, and keep things modest, people will still flock in for a chance to get drawn. And why not? It is fun to hunt new places that get opened up, and yes, the deer aren't quite as used to hunting pressure in these spots so they can be a bit dumb at times.

Rumor is all state parks are gonna go this route. The only open hunting will be places like WNF, Tar hollow etc... The rest of the parks are going to go lottery play to play... Just the word on the street from someone with their ear to the ground at the DNR.