Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Swear by it??Or do you swear at it?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
:smiley_crocodile:.So you ARE a believer chad?

Yes. Last year there was a full moon on or around November 4th and 5th.....absolutely perfect cold and calm mornings and I didn't see shit!

I think you will notice some midday activity on a full moon, but mornings and evenings tend to suck in general.

Buckmaster

Portage
The past couple of years I resorted to sleeping in on those full moon days. I'd hunt from 9 am until noon. I'd usually see some late morning activity when the deer has to get up and stretch on it's morning walk. Try it, it works.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Both. I swear AT the moon... But I'm also a believer in the rutting moon's triggering of the rut. Some may think Charlie Alsheimer is full of BS, but my hunts seem to support his theories year after year.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I've seen pictures of Chad's walls.

Well it really has nothing to do with the moon. I hunt right through the full moon and dark moon both. You can't kill them if you aren't hunting. It seems though the full moon really dicks up hunting during the early morning and late afternoon.

I base most of my theories on dates rather than moon phases, which would be a good topic to discuss.

Kujo

Maumee, OH
Last year I went from seeing 3 or 4 deer a night to 0 during a full moon. that is only based on one year on one small piece of land, but I'll tell you it wasn't that much fun not seeing any deerz.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I hate full moon days... I think they do most of their moving at night and I usually see very minimal movement in morning and evening during these days.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I hunt around it. I have been keeping a few notes over the years and i have noticed a big trend over the years but i am not Mr alsheimer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Swear at it. The worst thing that can happen is a cold snap in early November then it warms up the next week with a full moon. Between the full moon amd the warm days they chase at night.

Even coon hunting sucks durring a full moon. The dogs start hunting more with their eyes than their nose.