Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Am I the only one?? Have I lost it??

swamp_donkey819

lol im right there with ya bud i keep the countdown on my phone as my signature, and just checked the weather here got mid 70`s and scattered rain, i been countin down since about july and got my alarm set already on my phone for opening morning

swamp_donkey819

im just obsessed with hunting, im guessing if i ever get married it will prolly be the reason for having to go to marriage counseling, then again ive seen other more obsessed with it then me, so who knows

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with ya, OMO. Lately I've been developing a slight twitch... can't concentrate, either... got nothing but bowhunting on my mind. I can't wait for it to get here!!!!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ive been counting down since last season ended. been watchin the weather too. seen the low for tonite is like 39. keep thinking man that would br good for next saturday. we couldnt get that lucky tho.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
lol anyone else losing sleep as we get in to the single digit countdown days im averaging bout 4 hours a night

lol... Two nights ago, I dreamed about deer hunting all night long.... sitting in my new Millenium. My wife thought it was pretty pathetic... I proceeded to ask her, "Does Wayne Brady need to slap a bitch?" hahahaha jk :)

swamp_donkey819

haha thats great last year my gf told me i talk about it to much and spend to much time in the woods.... well the way i see it, its better to have loved and lost then to be told you cant go hunting....i sure do miss her lol

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It's all I think about. The last two packs of steaks are thawed and marinating.

since i was cleared to shoot again ive been putting two hours a night in getting used to the bow , i got my shooting house up and the feeders are full , and im not gonna slow down till i got my first archery brown on the ground

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
haha thats great last year my gf told me i talk about it to much and spend to much time in the woods.... Well the way i see it, its better to have loved and lost then to be told you cant go hunting....i sure do miss her lol

here here!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I probly won't even go the first weekend......too damn early in the year and the freezer still has plenty of meat.

That's bad juju.. You can;t miss opening day.. The deer gods will not smile favorably at your lack of enthusiasm.

Schu72

Streetsboro
My brother in law is getting married on the 24th and my boys are both ring bearers in the wedding, so my time will be very limited. I was hoping to hunt the morning, but shooting something is almost out of the question due to my timeline. I don't think I've ever shot a deer before October 10th-12th.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
That's bad juju.. You can;t miss opening day.. The deer gods will not smile favorably at your lack of enthusiasm.

Youre right....besides I have never missed an opening day since the beginning. Daughter has soccer and son has flag football. I will try and at least get out in the evening.