Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What it looks like to lose $25,000

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
This is last years Field & Stream TOC champion. This years competion was last week and it came down to the last of the 7 events again to decide the victor. Unfortunately Chad had some problems with the Kayak the last 20seconds of the Endurance Course and couldn't seal the deal for the 2nd year in a row.

You can see the determination in his eyes, and can hear his heart breaking. I don't think I would have slept a wink that night....scratch that, after a bottle of Jack, I would have been able to pass out that night. He'll be back next year and will be in the top 3 again.

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Tom Boatwright won this year. Reed did compete, but was way back in the field. He finished 2nd the prior 2 years.

Tom was the winner in 2009, and won the Buckmaster's Indoor World Championship last year just prior to the TOC event. For Tom's size, he is a scrapper and a huge competitor. Redcloud, be ready in April and you can jump in the truck to head to the Rossford Bass Pro to qualify with us.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow... very powerful photo right there. That would be so cool to participate in a competition like that.