Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Non Hunting Related.... just a proud Papa

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Since my work schedule is so hectic with travel I can't make the commitment to coaching any of my sons little league or soccer teams. I just never know when I'm gonna be over night & out of town from week to week. I help out at practice when I can, but even then if the wife is working those nights, I'm Mr. Mommin' it with my daughter there so I'm not too much help.

So, I got the idea of taking pictures at each game for the team (something I like to do anyway), then the coach & I plan to compile a picture disk for each player's parents at the end of the season. Anyway, here's a sequence of my son (#6) from last Saturday morning that came out pretty well...

He's got the ball in front of the goal...

The keeper is comin' out to make the save, but he pokes it around him, and into the corner for his second goal of the game...

And let the celebration begin...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
That is sweet Sean! Those pictures of Caleb celbrating are awesome and for you to put something together for each parent is a heck of a gesture.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
It's a hoot watching them play. I've got an 8 and 5 year old girls playing this year. The oldest doesn't get too into it but my little girl look out.... She's pushing and shoving the other kids to get the ball and scored twice in her first game. Even though I hate soccer its still a joy to watch them do something they enjoy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with you JD. Can't stand soccer, but gotta love watching the kids play. There are always some hot "soccer moms" to chat with too. My wife is the hottest though. Just needed to clarify.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Soccer is actually good for agility, coordination, and teamwork and this is from a football coach...some of the MAC schools don't have youth football but have soccer!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Cool man. My 1st grader is playing, well he's out there with the others, but would rather be on the playground equipment.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys... he's not shy about showing some excitement, that's for sure!!

Now we need to.get him tossing around the pig skin then you will be set.....for no free time

Only one sport / activity at a time... that's the house rule around here. And they get to pick what they want to play. I don't care what either of the kids end up going with, just as long as they're doing something to keep active. He was gonna play flag football this fall, but his friend talked him into playing soccer again this fall. I'm sure it'll be back to baseball next spring, then who know what from there...