Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fall plots

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I finally got a chance over the weekend to finish getting stands and other stuff ready for the season. Everything is all set to go and the clover from a fall planting last year is looking good. We gave it a shot of fertilizer a few weeks ago and it has taken off again coupled with the cooler weather.

Attachments

• new017.jpg
    new017.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 185

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
We also planted a new plot two weeks ago that ended up as a no disk "experiment". Part of the way through disking we had mechanical issues and had to resort to plan b. The old plot was killed off with roundup about a month prior, so we sowed the seed mix on top of the whole plot. We got lucky with the rainfall last week and the whole plot is off to a good start, even in the areas that weren't disked. You can see the area on the left still has dead plant matter as well as another strip closer to the right side. You can't really see much of the clover yet, but is is popping up.

Attachments

• new011.jpg
    new011.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 184

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
This plot joins an open field and sometimes the deer are reluctant to feed out in the open during daylight so we planted a screen on one side. It turned out pretty well considering we planted it in the July heat.

Attachments

• new012.jpg
    new012.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 192

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I like it! Looks pretty good. That clover looks awesome!!! Someone get Huck the salad dressing!!!

Nice work Boone! Sure hope it produces for you this fall...