Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great time to practice

Duckdowner

SE Ohio
well, I'm stuck here in Iraq till November, and figured this would be as good as place as any to practice up my calling and be ready for season when I get home. Whats funny as hell though is seein all the peoples faces when they walk by and see me hailing out at an empty sea of sand! Most people over here don't understand our love for this sport and think I'm a fuggin idiot, but I just smile and keep on hailin. November can't come soon enough! 100_0198_2.JPG

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell yeah man! First off, thank you for your service. We all owe you a debt of gratitude for making sacrifices so we can stay safe and sound here stateside. Secondly, I love getting funny looks when I'm practicing my duck and goose calls! I will drive down the main drag through town letting it rip and you can just about run people off the road because they get to looking TOO hard!!! :smiley_clap:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Absolutely Awesome is all I can say. As the others have said, thank you for your service, and make it home safe. :smiley_coolpeace:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's awesome man.. hahahaha.. Nothing more fun than messing with people.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Thank you Sir! What if you were calling in Iraq and a flock came in. :smiley_clap:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Gotta love it!! I do the same thing when I'm drivin' around for work.

Last spring I was driving through some questionable parts of Akron, couple guys standing on the corner, I pull up to the red light and just lay into the short reed. Their heads snapped up to the sky, them one spots the sound coming from my car and points, then smiles & laughter from them & me break out!! Funny as hell!! rotflmao

And Duckdowner, thank you for your service, feel free to look me up when you get back home. We'll have a spot open for you in the blind or in the field if you'd like.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thank you for your service Duck Drowner!!

I find driving is a good time to practice the coyote calls as well. Distressed animal sounds while the wife is here only creates another annoying sound which comes in the form of my wife bitching about it. rotflmao

Duckdowner

SE Ohio
Thank You very much everyone for your support!! Not too much longer to go, and Curran I'm always up to meeting new people and sharing a good day in the field. When I get home I'll PM ya. Thanks again everyone!!