Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for a truck.

hunterkid94

Before anyone starts pitching me sales, I'm not looking for one until next summer-ish. Anyways, here's the deal. Last December my parents picked a car out for me (an eclipse) and I agreed to pay for it. However, they spend more than what i wanted to. Granted, it was out of the best intentions of getting me a nice car and to let you know, I am EXTREMELY thankful. What they picked out for me is an 04 Eclipse and its in near perfect condition. However, it was $7000 when I only wanted to pay around 3-4k. So I plan on dumping this loan witchcraft next summer by selling it, paying off that loan, and getting something else. You guys may flame me but yes, I am a bit of a ricer:) But with that aside I am looking for truck or a 240sx. I already have a suv to use for hunting, but I still want my own. Just looking for something reliable enough to last me a few years. Dont want junk with 10000000000miles and rusted out. A little rust is fine, I can fix it easily, just something decent with 4x4 for hunting. So TOO, can you help me find a truck for at or under $5k? If not I'm starting a 240sx drift build and youll have an import guy among y'all rotflmao

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I could find one but if it is for next summer then no need in pointing out a specific one. Go find what you like and wait for the right deal.

Beentown

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'd try to find a toyota tacoma or a nissan truck, and you cant go wrong with a nice clean ford ranger. I think a yota would be the way to go tho!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I must admit I love my 05 Chevy Colorado extended cab. Four cylinder, 2WD, plenty of power for my needs, rides like a car and great mpg. If the going gets tough I will borrow my wifes Wrangler.

Really.. I have an 05 colly quad cab 4x4 and If i didn't turn my own wrenches it would put me in the poor house. No major repairs, but plenty of cheap crappy parts, like rotors, 02 sensors, u-joints, shocks, bushings, transmission fluid pan leaks from the gasket, half the light burnt out on the radio, cd player barely takes a cd in, heat shield rattle like a mofo, fan resistor burnt out, will NOT stay in alignment more than 3,000 miles, window clips broke holding the glass, delphi battery, remote unlock never worked more than 10 feet, left headlight condensation, plugs were garbage from day 1, clean the MAF and throttle body every 30,000 or it runs like shit, and the list goes on... I have always been a die-hard chevy man.. This will be the last one i EVER own.. Not only that, it'll be the last UAW product i ever buy as i hold them directly responsible for the downfall of GM.

Im a big fan of the 88 -98 Chevy K1500's..Good old small block chevy motor,Not to pricey on parts,plenty of room to work on them(mostly)..An for you price range you could find a REAL NICE One...Look at the body on my suburban then look at the odometer..(just dont look at the gas gauge much or the gas pump when u put 42gal of gas in it):smiley_depressive: