Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lawrence Woods in hardin county

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
They are having a controlled hunt there, and I got drawn today for last week of Oct. first week of Nov. I never even knew the place was there until a few weeks ago. I was wondering if anybody would share any info on a good place to start looking? I have a two week window.
Thanks for any info
Mike

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Honestly man, I live in the same county, never hunted it. I have a buddy that was drawn for youth hunt about 3 or 4 year ago, (maybe 5, i'm getting old), and he killed a nice 125 inch or so 8 point, 22 inch wide. They had action all day and he seen a ton of deer. He has kind of been out of the deer hunting scene for the last couple years so I can see what I can dig up from him as far as what they seen/travel routes/etc. The uncle he hunted with is still pretty knowledgeable on the area so hopefully I can find you some info...

rossbows

I hunted a field across the road one year and there a shit load of people out there and it sounded like world war three. Does not sound like a place I would want to be imo to much lead flying.

Ohiobigbuck

to my knowledge there are only 8 people allowed hunting in 2week intervals, i have seen deer drives with a hell of alot more guys than that. You did say you were going during archery right, i hope you dont hear gun shots during those weeks, if so someone is in trouble for poaching! I think you and whoever you take will have a great time, good luck hope you get something out there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great to meet you in person this week Mike! Hope this hunt proves to be successful for you!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You have a birthday coming up? Maybe I can have Erin talk your wife into surprising you on your birthday or Christmas or something!rotflmao

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Phil thanks again for the stand It was great talking to you.
Ohiobigduck you know that you are afraid of heights. If you need help setting up that 3 foot ladder stand again I will help you.