Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Yellow Perch at the lake

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I had the wonderful fortune to spend some time out on Lake Erie this weekend. This was a first for me as I have never been out on a boat fishing the lake. This weekend was a mens retreat for the church that I attend. This lasted from Friday midday and we all returned around noon today. It was a great and relaxing get away for all of us staying in one big condo that we rented in Lakeside right by the lake.

Sat. we could either go golfing or go fishing. I opted for fishing since this was something that I had never been able to do and wanted to get a new notch on the belt. One of the men from the group has a bro-in-law that has a boat docked up there so 7 of us all spent a good part of the day on the lake. We ended up with a total of 81 yellow perch in the cooler, which later that night turned into a good fish fry for all the guys in the group. We also brought in some sheephead and one of the guys even brought in a nice channel cat. The weather wasn't too bad even though it was rainy and wet for a good part of the morning. We where catching fish so that helped forget about the rain.

Here is the boat we where out on, it was a 29'
IMG_0780.JPG
Us on our way out to the fishing hole.
IMG_0781.JPG
One of the few sheep heads that where caught.
IMG_0782.JPG
The first double of the day. White bass and a yellow perch.
IMG_0783.JPG
Our Captian
IMG_0786.JPG
Our cooler full of perch.
IMG_0788.JPG

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
All of these where caught out inbetween rattlesnake and green island. It took us a little whiile but once we found it I'd say we caught 85% of the perch in the one hole.