Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rangefinder

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Seems like a decent price to me. I would be wary though since its a Simmons... I've never heard many good things about Simmons optics. I think Wild Game Innovations came out with a series of rangefinders last season. They're somewhat on the low end of the price spectrum too, but they may be worth checking out. I don't use a rangefinder much so I don't really have much opinion on them. I will say, though, that I think the ARC technology is not worth spending the extra money on. At the ranges that most guys bowhunt from in Ohio, from a treestand, the necessity to compensate for shot angles is pretty minor. A difference of 1 to 2 yards doesn't mean much, IMO. Compensating for the lesser effect of gravity is more critical, IMO.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I heard REAL BAD things about the WGI range finders. Do some serious research.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Huck. I got a Bushnell scout I'll sell ya for 75 bucks plus shipping if you want it. I got a Swarovski as a gift that trumped my Bushnell and now it just sits in my closet. It's a good ranger. Let me know.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Huck. I got a Bushnell scout I'll sell ya for 75 bucks plus shipping if you want it. I got a Swarovski as a gift that trumped my Bushnell and now it just sits in my closet. It's a good ranger. Let me know.

That would be hard offer to pass on. I've used quite a few rangefinder that buddies have loaned me, and I can say that you get what you pay for with a rangefinder. Never had any first hand experience with the one you listed Huck, but if you can pick up a Scout for that price, I would!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I got the Bushnell yardage pro 450 a few months ago. It is still on the same set of batteries and I have ranged large objects out over 800 yards with it. Deer size you could probably get it out to 150 - 175 yards fairly well.

Could it be better ? Sure it could
Could it be worse ? Sure it could

It has worked for what I have needed it for so far so I can't complain about it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort

Sweet deal!

Huckleberry Finn

Hey Willy, guess what? Battery still works ;)

Stumbled across this and wanted to say thanks again

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have a Bushnell Sport 450 and the batteries last along time. Can't remember the last time I need new batteries in the last 8-10 yrs. Good unit for what I use it for.
Frank

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I have the wildgame one and it works good now. I had to send it in and they sent me a new one cause the first was calibrated wrong. but this one works perfect