Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

And the Sabatage begins!

Kaiser878

ohio
Its two weeks from season adn I am already getting F#@ked. Got a call this mornnig from a buddy who lives next to the new property we jsut got. Mind you this is the property that "my Buck" is on. Well he proceded to tell me that there were 22 shots coming from the hill. This summer an amish family moved in down the road. The property borders their back yard. So I know whats gonig on and if I wasnt at work I would be there right now. Man am I steaming right now.

A lot of people wouldnt get all that mad about it. But not me, Im furious. I just checked that set of cams friday. THe deer activity was way down from normal and I had very few pictures of my deer I am persuing. So I would assume they have been in there doing much of the same since season came in for squirrels. I dont go in the woods for no reason other than to check cams every two weeks, I deffinately dont want a group of 22 toting amish in there stinking the place up. Cant they go hunt squirrels somewhere else? They do not have permision to be in there. So why cant people just keep tio themselves and stay the hell away from my deer!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Im doen ranting!

Kaiser878

ohio
Your buck?
Your deer?

That is correct! MY BUCK!!!!! I call it my buck because that is the deer I am hunting and my buddy is hunting! It wasnt showing ownership, it was just a way of labeling it for the paragraph!
So chill out, dont get all analytical on me!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
sounds pretty easy to me - catch 'em coming out, snap a few pics, turn 'em over to the landowner and the law.
They're trespassers.

swamp_donkey819

them damn amish ruin everyones hunting, here in holmes co were packed full of em, and if i go to state land or hunt on same land as them i do whatever i can to ruin there hunt, they get permission for one and bring a whole clan which is not right, last year my buddy found one of them grey beards ground blind, after he got done settin it up and left my buddy went over and dropped a deuce by his blind then pissed on it, main reason for it the amish guy who owned that blind got permission to hunt there then went behind the landowners back and posted no tresspassing signs sayingit has been leased so that him and his amish family were the only ones hunting it, landowner cut there permission and banned them from the property, sorry for the long writing but them amish are dirty my cousin caught some poaching down here trying to say they were squirrel huntin while he was bowhunting funny how they came right to his grunt call lol i say you run em the hell outta there kaiser do what you can to save your hunting and the hell with theres

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That sucks, kaiser. Sounds to me like someone should call the law... or at least, the landowner.

Schu72

Streetsboro
them damn amish ruin everyones hunting, here in holmes co were packed full of em, and if i go to state land or hunt on same land as them i do whatever i can to ruin there hunt, they get permission for one and bring a whole clan which is not right, last year my buddy found one of them grey beards ground blind, after he got done settin it up and left my buddy went over and dropped a deuce by his blind then pissed on it, main reason for it the amish guy who owned that blind got permission to hunt there then went behind the landowners back and posted no tresspassing signs sayingit has been leased so that him and his amish family were the only ones hunting it, landowner cut there permission and banned them from the property, sorry for the long writing but them amish are dirty my cousin caught some poaching down here trying to say they were squirrel huntin while he was bowhunting funny how they came right to his grunt call lol i say you run em the hell outta there kaiser do what you can to save your hunting and the hell with theres

They are the worst thing to ever happen to the conservation effort. Screw them anyway you can. Make sure any landowner you deal with know their tactics.

Kaiser878

ohio
I dont have a problem with all amish. I know some stand up guys hwo are amish. But I have also kicked a lot of amish off of ground they didnt belong on. What I have a problem with is their methods of hunting. THey have a lot of mouths to feed, so they kill almost every deer they see. That doesnt fly with me. THese ones will be getting a talking to.

That sucks. Once they get on that land and no one challenges them for being there it's like it's their own, at least that's the way they will treat it. Need to put up signs telling them their pictures will be taken and posted in town.....

swamp_donkey819

totally agree that there methods of hunting do suck, its pretty pothetic when they have 20 guys on one side of the woods driving deer out and 30 more on the other side then it sounds like the civil war goin on, and yet they come out with one deer, thats quite an overkill for one deer, and the worst part that really bothers me is they will hunt anyone and everyones land they can along with bringing the 85 family members that they sneak onto the land but if you ask them they say " oh no we chust dont let hunting out here ". really bothers me how they do that. i hope you snatch them grey beards up and set em all straight

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear it Zach. Be more sorry if you end up on my team for the contest.:smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Funny.... I was banned on OS for the 3rd or 4th time for comments i made in a thread like this one about trespassing amish.. lol

I was gonna set up at the deer and turk expo with "Amish soap" when people asked me if it was "Amish made" I would say " No, are you kidding, it's not by them, it's for them"

Huckleberry Finn

Funny.... I was banned on OS for the 3rd or 4th time for comments i made in a thread like this one about trespassing amish.. lol

I was gonna set up at the deer and turk expo with "Amish soap" when people asked me if it was "Amish made" I would say " No, are you kidding, it's not by them, it's for them"

I was thinking the same thing on the first one...can't hurt the Amish, they can't read it if its on the internet! I dealt with them this summer in a new capacity...farmer's markets. You wanna talk about price gouging? Came to the conclusion that there are some good Amish and some (mostly) bad ones, just like us English folk...I just don't like the stinky bastards.

I love the soap idea, maybe we can sell that in the TOO store

rossbows

I have never had a run in with the dirt balls but my buddy was turkey hunting last spring had a long beard coming and bang and it was him. He seen a amish guy leaving with his bird. He was like wtf no one else had permission. Them f will go anywhere they want. Hope you can keep them ran off.