Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Howl at the moon

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not cool. Waaaaay too many coyote pictures on this batch. We are talking 10 of the last 14 days! Daytime and nighttime. Just not cool.

I did capture a couple pretty cool pictures though. Can't wait to see the beans come off so I can call them in this winter. Shot a text to Buckrun to see if he wants to play with some snares. I could get him permission to snare out there. Maybe I need to get my trapping permit done.

Attachments

• PICT0231 8-29-11 coyote howl 2.jpg
    PICT0231 8-29-11 coyote howl 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 197
  • PICT0230 8-29-11 coyote howl.jpg
    PICT0230 8-29-11 coyote howl.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 158

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
They have an open season so you could trap them now lol.

I am waiting until November just incase I get an accidental fox.

Just get your fur license for $15 and wait till November with me lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I keep my camera up a bit high on this tree. I am not trying to capture anything up close and at the level I have it set I am able to pick up a decent area. While it is not the biggest yote I have seen, I believe it is an adult. This is where Momma had perched herself while the 2 pups would run into the soybeans and hunt/play. She sat there for hours only getting up to reposition occasionally. The youngsters would come back, then take off again. I got many pictures of her. She would look behind her and trigger the camera, then look back to the front and trigger it. Went on like this quite a bit. If I wasn't so slammed right now with work I would head out and try to call some in. Just too busy and I don't want to bugger up the deer hunting there. Where I would have to sit is pretty much the same place the deer come out every night.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Phil,

Let's make a plan to do some hunting this winter for those yotes. I will bring a couple of guys with me and we can thin them down a little if you want.

The last thing you want is those yotes running your deer out of your food plots late season.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds great Chad. I am sure Daven would enjoy it too. I am going to do what I can during the season, but I just hate to get in there right now. Waiting to hear back from Buckrun. Shot him a text to see if he wants to try to snare a few. Haven't heard back just yet.