Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

g5 t3

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I doubt you'll find much to be said just yet considering this is a new head for 2011. However, I can comment on them from a different angle. The T3 is based on the Tekan and Tekan II models. I shot two deer with the original Tekans and liked them. However they screwed with a perfectly fine broadhead and added the heat treating to the Tekan II line. I shot two deer with those and only had one blade deploy on out of 4 possible between the two heads. Luckily, I recovered my deer, but that was the end of me shooting G5 broadheads. (I did kill one with a Montec which I believe is a great head.) If you watch the video of the T3 on YouTube, you can see how hard he has to push to get the blades to deploy and that wouldn't sit well with me. To each his own and I hope they prove to be a great broadhead for you, but they are not for me based on what I have experienced in the past with a similar style head and what I saw on that video...

swamp_donkey819

i watched a couple vids and seem to have pretty decent blood trails if i can find the one i can post the link on here, my buddy used the tekanII and had no complaints about it, but like jesse told me in a previous forum a mechanical is still a mechanical and is bound to not deploy at some point, im hoping it dont go that way with the rages im tryin this year

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've never shot the T3 broadhead but I know the tension is adjustable, like Flutey said. I have had awesome luck with the Tekan IIs. I don't shoot them anymore because I wanted to get away from mechanicals, but the broadhead itself gave me no reason to make the switch. I killed 4 different deer with the same one, just to see if it would hold up... same blades and everything. I still have it and I could kill a 5th one with it if I wanted to. I think the G5 broadheads are well-made heads, based on my own experiences.