Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fluteman's Redneck TTS

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, I made the trip to Cabelas today to pick up a few things for Bow Season. I had made up my mind on the way up that I was going to buy the GamePlan Gear TTS the Leech pack along with the Muddy Hunter Stand. I had been racking my brain trying to figure out how I was going to carry my camera and all my gear in with a Treestand, and figured the TTS and Leech would be the best possible combination. There was only one problem with all this, Cabelas didn't have the TTS OR the Leech pack. I racked my brain for a bit, and this is what I came up with:

One Cabelas All Day Transporter Fanny Pack - $90
One Muddy Treestand - $200

My plan was to take take the pack and make some buckles similar to the GPG TTS snaps for the treestand, and snap the pack onto the treestand, since the shoulder straps were detachable. After getting home, this is what I ended up working out. Not sure that the straps will handle that kind of weight day in and day out. It's a work in progress, but I thought this was a pretty good start!

Pack with all the gear

Pack used as intended

swamp_donkey819

awesome man hopefully it holds up like you plan it, i just my new climber today and still tryin to figure out how to put the carry straps on, all in all good set up and idea

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Looks good Flute. The only thing I can see is that it looks like the weight would wear on your back without the waste strap to help your hips absorb some of the weight. I guess that all depends on where and how far you are needing to pack into.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very cool.

I agree with Hoyt. You might need to get that bulk up on your back further or halfway through the season your going to be slumping forward (counterbalance) with or without the pack on and your lower back is going to kill ya. You still going to wear the pack on your chest ? I hope if you do that the pack you wear on your chest makes a good counter weight and you can comfortably stand straight and not have one or the other pulling too much. Just think of your lower back like that triangle under a teeter totter. Have to balance that sucker.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Looks good, weight distribution will probably be the only thing you will tweak once you start walking around with it. Keep us posted man!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

DUH.... HAVE YOU SEEN MY BASEBALL?!? :smiley_crocodile:

Looks like a pretty sweet set up dude. It'll be interesting to see how it all holds up, but it looks like a great idea. If I've learned one thing over the past few years, it's that your a smart cookie and your ideas are worth copying! Hence the reason I'm the biggest copy cat around!!! LOL!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
You kind of remind me of the dude in the copper clothes picture.......:smiley_crocodile:

Dang Gern, what did I do to you?! :smiley_blackeye:
lol

No chest pack Adam, I can get everything I need into that fanny pack. The weight distribution really feels pretty good despite the way it looks in the pics. The stand only weighs 12.5lbs, so it's not as heavy as it may look. I actually have a TTS on its way, but I thought this was pretty cool!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dang Gern, what did I do to you?! :smiley_blackeye:
lol

No chest pack Adam, I can get everything I need into that fanny pack. The weight distribution really feels pretty good despite the way it looks in the pics. The stand only weighs 12.5lbs, so it's not as heavy as it may look. I actually have a TTS on its way, but I thought this was pretty cool!

That stand is a lot less on the weight then I thought. I bet that pack weighs about the same as the stand lol. Should work out pretty good for ya then. I hope the straps hold up over the season. You guys in SO don't have it easy for terrain and that makes it a little tuff on gear sometimes lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks good, man. It appears to be hanging fairly low, though. Does it bounce off your asscheeks or legs while you're walking. I've carried a lot of decoy bags over the years, and the ones that hang low and bounce off the legs are no fun at all for long hikes.

Here's another thought. Could you retrofit the fanny pack to merge with a Mole shoulder/kidney belt pack? Then you'd have a little bit of padding between your back and the stand... and the kidney belt would strap around the hips a little better. Those snap buckles can be purchased at walmart or other craft stores... so if you were handy with a sewing machine, you could attach custom strap buckles just like the TTS comes with.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
couple quick questions since I run the same gamit on my LW stands.....
Are you going to be packing stick in with you as well?
Are these for run and gun situations (seems like the buckles on the fanny would make alot of noise)
If you want a quick and quiet disconnect system you may wanna check out Kwik straps... they are like heavy duty bunjee straps with buckles that make transporting equipement tight and quiet.
Heres there website:
http://www.kwik-strap.com/BuckleStraps.html

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks for the input Jim and Ruttin. I am going to continue to mess with this until I am 100% happy with OT, but I think it is a good start. I haven't had a chance to mess with it today, but I am going to make some adjustments and see what I can come up with. I plan on getting some neoprene to cover the buckles with to keep them from making noise. I am also gonna order some snap buckles that will match up to these so I can build a system to attach the pack directly to the stand without the shoulder straps. I'd also like to add a strap so I can attach the pack to the tree once I am in my stand.

Ruttin, this will be my run and gun setup when I am filming. It is TOO difficult to film from the Millennium with a camera arm. Those straps look nice. I like the idea of using a rubber strap to in place of nylon. We will see how this all goes. I will keep you guys updated on how I change this setup to suit my needs, that is if anyone is interested.