Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Coondog...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Went to Autumn oaks last Saturday and shucked that JR dog. George ended up making a trade on him that I think will work out very well. Got another Walker dog 14 month purple ribbon dog and lightly started.. He's got a good stance, big square head with tight eyes, and a good mouth. UKC, PKC registered and super stakes paid up till 2014. Good breeding on the dog also. Out of 14 kin on his papers 11 were Grand Nite Champion dogs, and one night champ. Now, all this doesn't mean a whole hill of beans till i see him tree. But there isn't any reason he shouldn't.. He's bred out good coming out of those Rock River Sackett and Rat Attack dogs.

Time will tell. If we can get this rain stopped we'll throw that dude in the timber and see what he makes of it..

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Went to Autumn oaks last Saturday and shucked that JR dog. George ended up making a trade on him that I think will work out very well. Got another Walker dog 14 month purple ribbon dog and lightly started.. He's got a good stance, big square head with tight eyes, and a good mouth. UKC, PKC registered and super stakes paid up till 2014. Good breeding on the dog also. Out of 14 kin on his papers 11 were Grand Dragon Champion dogs, and one night champ. Now, all this doesn't mean a whole hill of beans till i see him tree. But there isn't any reason he shouldn't.. He's bred out good coming out of those Rock River Sackett and Rat Attack dogs.

Time will tell. If we can get this rain stopped we'll throw that dude in the timber and see what he makes of it..

WTF Joe? I thought coon dogs where for treeing racoons?!? :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
lmao... I had to go back to read and make sure i didn't type that. lmao

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Congrats on the dog joe, hope he can produce for ya! Mu uncles used to coon hunt 24/7 and all they used was Walkers. They were great dogs

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hope he works out for ya better then that JR dog.

Buddy... I would have traded that JR dog for a poodle... We were honest with the guy.. Told him upfront about the dog. But he was a money hunter.. He sees a coon crazy dog like that with no bad habits and doesn't run trash.. All he has to do is tree by himself and he'll finish in the money. Hell. The dog will take 2nd tree all night... All a first tree dog had to do is screw up once and JR will move into the points lead providing he doesn't follow along...... Some of the best money dogs out there will not hunt by themselves, and if they do, they'll tree empty after empty..

But for a pleasure hunter, a dog like that isn't worth the time... I don't want a 2nd tree dog that has to go with another dog to act right... I want him to hunt and tree his own coon.

I think this Mr. Jackson dog is gonna do just fine. I just need to figure out a name for him..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I was going to say "shake that coon" but I just like using ninja. It is just fun to say ninja. Ninja.

Beentown