Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

coyote stalkin fawn

swamp_donkey819

well the other day while attemping to squirrel hunt on some state land i walked through a set of pines an into an apple orachard type ordeal, i walked righ up on a fawn prolly with ine about ten yards before it decided to run, when it ran it went about 20 or so yards behind me and stayed there watching me, i sat next to a tree and pretty much had a staring contest, well i heard stuff moving behind me figured the momma was waiting for me to move or attemping to try to make it past me to the fawn, i stood up and turned around and there sits a coyote watching that fawn by the time i realized it was a coyote and could get my gun drawn he had befeated outta there before i could get a shot, pretty crazy standing in the middle of a food chain process not sure if the coyote was to focued on the fawn to realiz i was there or just couldnt see me because of the tree sure wish i could have gotten that coyote tho

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That would of been cool.... too bad you couldn't of dropped it.... but still a cool experience....

swamp_donkey819

yea it was cool, never realized how quick they can get out of an area when spooked, kinda cool to bein that close to both animals and almost watching it happen, and yea i sure wish i could have atleast gotten one shot off, didnt really look like to old of a yote tho kinda smaller