Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Week in review: 8/28 through 9/5

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing exciting this week other than a lack in Captain Jack sightings. Largely a disappointing week other than seeing the young fox running around the farm has managed to allude the coyotes so far. Then there is the same old same old from Moe...

This is a great look at his body. It's amazing how much he's grown since March!!!

He's looking right at my stand. I hope this is not an omen!!!

It took him nearly 24 hours to get this vine out of his rack!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yawn, getting tired of the same old pics. How about some pics of you behind him already! LOL

Good pics as always man. He looks good. It amazes me just how typical his right side is compared to the mess on the left. I don't really understand how that could even happen, buy it's cool to see.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Cool fox pic. I only got one like that last year and nothing so far this year on cam.

If that buck doesn't weigh 300# he doesn't weigh an ounce lmao. He is for sure a BIG boy lol. I hope he falls to your arrow in a few weeks buddy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ole Moe pics never get old! I wonder though if the brush tangled in his headgear was a result of him trying to rub his velvet off! Could be...:smiley_chinrub:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Stud buck for sure...great pics of him...I would blow one of those up and hang beside him on the wall.

I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch, but I plan on having a nice montage on the wall near him if it would happen. Without a doubt, he's given me the best pics of my career...

Thats a great buck and its always good to see a fox in se ohio. They are becoming far to few in scarce in that corner of the state. I really wished i would not have sold all of my fox pelts last season. I could really use one for the quiver im making.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I wonder if he'll act like most other mature bucks when the velvet sheds and dissappear for a few days.... I hate when you feel like you have one locked down and then poof they dissappear for a few days.... I think you pretty much have this guys figured out tho, sounds like your not to far from his bedroom and he outta be close by opening day.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wonder if he'll act like most other mature bucks when the velvet sheds and dissappear for a few days.... I hate when you feel like you have one locked down and then poof they dissappear for a few days.... I think you pretty much have this guys figured out tho, sounds like your not to far from his bedroom and he outta be close by opening day.

This weekend's camera check should be interesting to say the least. If I had not seen this buck in the areas I did last year, I would be worried. However, I am fairly confident based on what I saw out of him last year and what he's done all summer that he's not going anywhere. I firmly believe he is 100% comfortable with the area he is using and that he'll be around for me to hunt all fall. He might go underground for a bit and he could give me the shake early one, but I'm prepared for that mentally. The new property that I picked up is the key to me killing this deer, so I feel confident that even if he eludes me early, I'm still able to get in his wheel house when the getting gets good. I plan to hunt him the first two weekends if the conditions allow, then I'll back out and hunt the outer fringes of this area until late October. We saw him the 28th of October with a doe last year, so I'll wait until the last weekend of October before I get serious about him. I actually do not plan to hunt much after the second weekend. If and when I do hunt, it will be from my observation stands. I have no doubts I have burnt out big bucks and myself in October far TOO often in the past. It is a mistake I will not make this year...