Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Still no targets

Schu72

Streetsboro
Checked my trail cam on Saturday. I had moved it away from my trophy rock three weeks ago because I've only had one buck on camera since late may from that location. I thought the new spot was going to produce good activity and hopfully a few nice bucks. Boy was I wrong. I probably had half the number of deer photos I was getting at the other site and not a single buck. I'm convinced this is a good spot it just may not heat up until closer to the rut. I'm really bummed about not having any bucks on film from this property. I'll be checking my Belmont county cam on the 16th. Hopefully it will have the goods.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Keep your head up buddy. Things will change here in the next couple weeks and you might be surprised what shows up. As long as you have does in your area, the bucks will be there eventually.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Don't feel bad, I don't have anything good on camera either......but that don't mean there won't be a good deer show up. I think alot of times bucks are camera shy and learn to avoid them anyhow.

Schu72

Streetsboro
It's kinda funny...this is my first year for running cameras. It has been fun, but discouraging at the same time. I get all amped up about pulling the cards and then the big let down. That has cycled over and over. I just hope it doesnt' affect my patience in the stand.

weeks0394

Don't get discouraged most of my pics so far are comprised mainly of many coons and a couple red foxes. I usually don't get a lot of pics of mature bucks until mid September and then it's. Like a switch gets flipped and I get new ones daily

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It takes a while to get consistent pics of good bucks. As you continue to learn your hunting grounds and gain experience with the cams, the buck pics will follow. And if they still are slow in coming, just remember that October and November are game changers in the hunting and camera department. Keep after them Scott, you'll stumble on something eventually!