Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shipping From Manufacturers, My Rant

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Gotta climb up on my soapbox and do a little complaining about the my run-ins with Manufacturers and thier shipping rates this week. This year I bought new arrows for Kate's bow. The arrows are very slim carbons, and slide right out of the grippers on her Bohning quiver. No big deal, I know I can get replacement grippers from Bohning for small diameter carbon arrows. I get on their website and the grippers are $7.99, pretty fair IMO. I add them to the cart and go to check out and they want $8 for shipping! Kinda ticked me off but since I couldn't find anywhere else that offered them, I just shrugged it off.

This evening, I got on Lone Wolf's site to order a replacement strap for my Climbing sticks, and I was going to order one of those EZ Hang Hooks, and the EZ Hang Hook System for a total of around $28. Went to check out, and they wanted $21 for Fed-Ex Ground Shipping! Just absolutely unreal. Out of curiosity, I tried adding only the EZ Hang hook to the cart, and they wanted $12 to ship it to me! I ended up not ordering the stuff from them, and sending them an email inquiring about their rediculous shipping costs.

I understand that Manufacturers don't always like to deal with a single person, and prefer to handle everything through dealers, but come on.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hear you brother! In all fairness, I got a shipping quote for a guy from Georgia for a Big Dog Mastiff XL today from UPS. $50 to ship a stand? Give me a freaking break. Maybe it is not the manufacturer you should be bitching about. I wasn't marking up the shipping at all. Some of the shipping rates have gone through the roof lately.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I hear you brother! In all fairness, I got a shipping quote for a guy from Georgia for a Big Dog Mastiff XL today from UPS. $50 to ship a stand? Give me a freaking break. Maybe it is not the manufacturer you should be bitching about. I wasn't marking up the shipping at all. Some of the shipping rates have gone through the roof lately.

I understand that shipping costs all depend on the item' size and weight as well as the courier and the distance being shipped. What gets me is I had a bow shipped from Ohio to California via UPS in a box that was considered oversized with insurance covering the cost of a new bow for $16. Those two straps and hooks don't even weigh half that and aren't traveling half the distance.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Don't even get me started with shipping prices lol. I sent my Elite back from Mansfield,Ohio to NY via UPS and cost me $44 to ship. My Stan release cost $8 and some change to ship it back and $12 and change to have them ship it back. Fuggin ridicules if you ask me what some of these places are charging to ship items.

My bow took 3 days to make a 6hr trip and cost me almost as much as it would have if I would have driven it there myself and hand delivered it 2 days sooner.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm right there with you man. It's unreal what they want to ship stuff around that weighs next to nothing. You know damn well that UPS and FedEx are making money hand over fist right now regardless of gas prices and union wages!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I was talking to my FIL about it last night, I said I never thought I would see the day that the post office would close its doors. What are all you people who live through the internet going to do when one day it crashes or the government hits their majic button and shuts it down?

Huckleberry Finn

I paid $88 to have an 8 pound box ship via UPS from Cleveland to Lima, overnight. It got stuck in Kentucky.

If you guys think that ground is expensive, look at air and imagine doing business where you overnight packages daily! A couple clicks, a couple hundred bucks!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I was talking to my FIL about it last night, I said I never thought I would see the day that the post office would close its doors. What are all you people who live through the internet going to do when one day it crashes or the government hits their majic button and shuts it down?

They will bail the Post Office out, you just watch. It's too big to fail.:tantrum:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Here is the reply I got from LW. Gonna see what they say...

Greg, why don’t you call us and ask for Marty. She can figure you a freight quote on the items you requested. Thank you.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They'll go under.. I bet 99% of their business is straight junk mail... Garbage.. In my opinion they are just deliverers of spam. Same as people that spam your email.. They are the method by which people are allowed to spam your address.

.44 cents to mail a letter that only weighs an ounce.. Are you kidding me.. And they're still losing money to the tune of 7 billion a year..

I only check my mail once a week if that.. And even then I just throw it all in a box to burn this winter... I stack it in my wood-stove and no joke i can heat my house for 3-4 days with nothing but junkmail.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm right there with you man. It's unreal what they want to ship stuff around that weighs next to nothing. You know damn well that UPS and FedEx are making money hand over fist right now regardless of gas prices and union wages!!!

Very true. However, Fedex isn't union. UPS certainly is though. I spent 6 years working there. I don't miss that place but my sore lower back reminds me of it often.