Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's about dang time!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gimmie your thoughts if ya like. Score? Shooter? Etc...

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Mid to upper 130's, but then again that is and uneducated guess.... He would be hard for me to hold off of, but if I killed one like you did last year Mike, I would prolly be thinking there is still alot of time left.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He's pushing 140.... 3.5 yr old. I'm a sucker for big 8s, Mike. I'd have a hard time giving that buck a free pass lol.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Cotty, I'd put him down. How is the property you hunt on. If you give him a pass will he have a good chance of making it? If the chances are high it would be hard for me to let him walk for another year but it would be worth it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
is he a main frame eight? if so... id say 125-130ish...

I believe so, but these are the only pics I got of him so far.
I was kinda thinking 130 as well, but who knows for sure.
Right now I'm thinking if he comes by early he gets a pass, but later on he may be down.
However, if he steps in front of one of the boys there's no hesitation. He's getting shot at.

Of course, seeing him in the woods may make me change my mind. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Of course, seeing him in the woods may make me change my mind. Lol

Funny how that works. We had pictures of the buck I killed last year on camera in early September. Decided he got a pass. Never saw him again until November 21 on another property. I had all kinds of time to watch him and went back and forth in my head repeatedly. In the end, I could not pass him up. There were some bigger ones in the area, but none had presented a shot opportunity and I had not killed a buck with my bow yet. Put down an antlerless deer last year with it, but no bucks. I would have been stupid to pass him up given these circumstances. It wasn't until a week or two later when my buddy realized it was the same buck we had on camera in Sept. They look a little different in person. lol

I am just happy to see you getting a buck on camera finally. You were starting to Jones a bit for some antler pictures prior to this guy! rotflmao

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lmao! Yes I was!!! I was getting really nervous. I just hope this isn't it. I'm debating whether to stay out or do another check on the weekend. I think curiosity will get the best of me. In fact, I know it will.

The thing is, me staying out prob really doesn't help much. The property owner does a lot of walking and he meanders above this location on the old logging roads. It drives me nuts, but there's nothing I can say or do.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice buck Mike! IMO he's in the mid to low 130's net! Glad to see them strippin' the fur! Thanks for sharing and yes I'm sure you have a bigger one roaming around there. Goodluck this fall!