Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

peeled?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Does this buck look like he has already peeled his velvet? If not, he aint gonna be much in the mass department.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I start finding my first rubs labor day weekend typically. Both pictures posted so far look hard horned to me. It is getting closer :)

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
If thats him, he is really on the move! This is one of the pics from the "north block". I pulled that cam today.
I went for a morning squirrel hunt and bumped him from his bed in the very northeast corner of that block. my cam was about 100 - 150 yards away so I pulled it out so I dont have to go back in there again to check it. We should get together tonight or tomorrow, I found another really interesting spot in that area we should look at.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If thats him, he is really on the move! This is one of the pics from the "north block". I pulled that cam today.
I went for a morning squirrel hunt and bumped him from his bed in the very northeast corner of that block. my cam was about 100 - 150 yards away so I pulled it out so I dont have to go back in there again to check it. We should get together tonight or tomorrow, I found another really interesting spot in that area we should look at.

I ran in and pulled my cam down in the south overlooking the mineral sight this afternoon. Seems my stupidity hit a new high since I forgot to turn the stupid cam on when I checked and swapped out cards last week lmao.

That north block is going to be a honey hole this year no doubt about it. I plan on putting my climber back up in there a few times this year. Seems that northeast corner inside the woods gets hammered every year. The nice thing with the corn is the oak flat that's up there gives them a nice staging area before they head out for the fields in the evening.

I will bounce a couple of things off of you about that section when we get together. I have learned a few things about this section over the past couple years with the crop rotations.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Seems my stupidity hit a new high since I forgot to turn the stupid cam on when I checked and swapped out cards last week .

so me waving at the cam as I walked by this morning was a waste of time?:smiley_blackeye:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
so me waving at the cam as I walked by this morning was a waste of time?:smiley_blackeye:

Yeah pretty much lmao. I was a little ticked to find I had done that BS lol. Looked like the sight got hammered too :(

From my cam to your cam was around 3/4 of a mile as the crow flies.

Last edited: