Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When it rains...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Two days ago my lawn tractor of 12 years took a shit. I bite the bullet and go to Lowe's to get a new Huskarvana. I mow the grass yesterday, go in the house, come back out into the garage an hour later and smell gas. The tank is leaking about halfway down all the way around it. Back to Lowe's it goes and it was the last one. So, I go to sears and get a similar tractor, but a Craftsman. Haven't tried it yet.

Today on the way home from work my tire goes... Wtf? So, I'm stuck on the narrow shoulder of busy US route 22 as rig after rig buzzes by. I'm in my dress clothes laying on the ground behind the truck and trying to lift my Ram with one of those little jacks the manufacturers supply. As I'm laying there the rigs are shaking me and the truck as it sits on that tiny jack.

Who did I piss off upstairs and why?

Tractor = expensive
Tire to match rest = $219

Damn!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314914093.766199.jpg

Last edited:

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Hey Mike, is that 22 by the Pittsburgh Airport? We are moving the Rig up that way by the Quick Silver golf course. It called the Imperial pad.

Huckleberry Finn

Screws suck! I hit one in the rental car two weeks ago. Stopped and put air in the tire (didn't know it was a screw yet). Air went down. Called Enterprise and spent half an hour on the side of the road explaining to them that no, I wasn't near Columbus or Cleveland. Had to go the shop in the morning, they didn't have another car for me to rent, so I had to wait at a tire place for them to change it (great customer service). It wasn't my dime, but still sucks!

As for the Tractor, my dad paid $300 for a MTD 11 summers ago. It was the last purchase with the house, so the budget was tight. He didn't think it would last too long and for the last several summers I've said "Bet it doesn't run in the spring". Every freaking year that thing fires up. Made in Ohio TOO! Craftsman's are good though, better than the Jap Huzzzes

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lots of passengers lose/drop things while getting on or off a plane.... we searched a plane for over an hour looking for a half carrot diamond engagement ring of a female Col the last time in the desert....